Super Contributor
longtimelurker

Re: CSP?

ACcash wrote:

I see the idea of using inqueries anyway to have a shot and to get explainations in the worst case. Thanks!

I really don't mind getting the lowest limit 5k, even with the cost of lowering my 8k limit on my Chase UA card. For a grad student, 5k * 2 is already good enough. I do want this card, since I fly UA once a month NY <-> CA and CSP will boost my miles!

However, I just realize that the AMEX SPG card I've got this month requires ~5k spending in 6 months to get the initial bonus. With CSP that means ~8k spending within the next 6 months -- it's not bad but I don't want to push myself to spend money on nothing.

If you are willing to push the envelope (and not for everyone) look into some manufactued spend, where basically you "really" spend very little (e.g. $10 per $1000 or 0 for Chase).  With Chase, you can do this officially:

https://www.chase.com/gift-cards

which allows you to buy chase gift cards on line, with a Chase credit card, at no extra cost, the limit is $2,600 per 30 days, although with a new card I would spread this out over the three months and also buy other stuff.

Once you have the gift cards, you can cash them out in various ways at Walmart for example.

Established Member
ACcash

Seems that CSP also offers a World Mastercard option -- anyone knows if there is a minimum CL in this case?

Valued Member
drinkthekoolaid

Same $5000 min
Chase Sapphire Preferred VISA SIGNATURE- $10,000~ AMEX Platinum -$NPSL ~ Citi Diamond Preferred $6,000
USAA MASTERCARD - $10,000 ~ Amex GOLD PR - $NPSL
Commerce Bank Visa $5,000 ~ AMEX BCE - $3,000
USAA Student VISA - $1,000 ~ Chase Freedom - $500
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

ACcash wrote:

Seems that CSP also offers a World Mastercard option -- anyone knows if there is a minimum CL in this case?

5k min CL. At the moment, you can't apply directly for the CS/CSP World MC. Although, you can convert to it. I recently converted my CSP Visa Signature to CSP World MC.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}