Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR $300 credit details

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR $300 credit details

One other thing to note: CSR is a Visa Infinite card, so the minimum credit line is 10K. Based on the other cards in your sig this seems attainable, but if you think it is not (FICO score or income) that would be something to keep in mind before you commit a hard pull.

Message 11 of 31
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LuckyBird wrote:

No, the travel credit posts as soon as the travel transactions do.  I got this card at the end of August and booked a hotel stay within the first few days of receiving the card.  The charge was pending for a couple of days but as soon as it posted, the $300 travel credit posted right along with it on the same day, September 9.  My first statement was generated on September 15.

Awesome! Thank you for confirming that. I have three fraud inquiries coming off, a newly-zero balance card statement closing, and a big loan payment reporting all in the next few days, and it seems like they won't pull EQ on me, so this could work out for me.

They pulled EXP only for me, but I'm not sure if there's a geographical component with who they pull.  I'm in GA.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One other thing to note: CSR is a Visa Infinite card, so the minimum credit line is 10K. Based on the other cards in your sig this seems attainable, but if you think it is not (FICO score or income) that would be something to keep in mind before you commit a hard pull.

Income is 82k. That should be fine, right?

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyBird wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LuckyBird wrote:

No, the travel credit posts as soon as the travel transactions do.  I got this card at the end of August and booked a hotel stay within the first few days of receiving the card.  The charge was pending for a couple of days but as soon as it posted, the $300 travel credit posted right along with it on the same day, September 9.  My first statement was generated on September 15.

Awesome! Thank you for confirming that. I have three fraud inquiries coming off, a newly-zero balance card statement closing, and a big loan payment reporting all in the next few days, and it seems like they won't pull EQ on me, so this could work out for me.

They pulled EXP only for me, but I'm not sure if there's a geographical component with who they pull.  I'm in GA.

There generally is a difference between states, but it seems like Chase avoids EQ mostly, and I checked credit boards and found no recent reports of EQ pulls in PA from Chase, though there were no CSR reports in PA.

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay let's get this straight. So it's based on calendar year. So the $300 travel credit resets for everyone on January? So everyone who wants to make sure they use up their travel credit this year before the reset should do so no later than their last December statement correct? So anything in the up coming December statement and back/past counts. So after your December statement cuts and moving forward is on the New Travel credit?
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay let's get this straight. So it's based on calendar year. So the $300 travel credit resets for everyone on January? So everyone who wants to make sure they use up their travel credit this year before the reset should do so no later than their last December statement correct? So anything in the up coming December statement and back/past counts. So after your December statement cuts and moving forward is on the New Travel credit?

Yes, it's based on the calendar year and the travel credit has nothing to do with statement dates.  If the charge posts in 2016, then you will be credited for the charge against the 2016 reimbursement.  If it doesn't post until 2017, then the 2017 credit will have to be used.

Message 16 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, it's based on the calendar year and the travel credit has nothing to do with statement dates.  If the charge posts in 2016, then you will be credited for the charge against the 2016 reimbursement.  If it doesn't post until 2017, then the 2017 credit will have to be used.

OK, that's different from what is said in some other places.   So you are saying that if the charge posts say Dec 22, and appears on my statement dated Jan 5, 2017, that counts for 2016?   Other sources say it will come out of 2017

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, that's different from what is said in some other places.   So you are saying that if the charge posts say Dec 22, and appears on my statement dated Jan 5, 2017, that counts for 2016?   Other sources say it will come out of 2017

Here are the terms straight from Chase:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sapphire/reserve/offer-details

Relevant quote:  "up to $300 in statement credits annually (“annually” means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date)."

The credits apply immediately after a valid charge is added to the balance. I personally take "December statement" to mean a statement cut in December. That's probably the most conservative way to calculate that. To be safe, just make the relevant charges well before end of Nov.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As posted above it is credited by the date that it posts and in your scenario would count towards 2016.  At least that is my understanding 

Message 19 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As posted above it is credited by the date that it posts and in your scenario would count towards 2016.  At least that is my understanding 

I would think (“annually” means the year beginning with your account open date through the first December statement date of that same year, and each 12 billing cycles starting after your December statement date through the following December statement date)."

suggests the opposite, but OK!

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.