Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Approval odds - Not sure if I should apply or not

tag
frank784
Contributor

CSR Approval odds - Not sure if I should apply or not

With the CSR points promotion lowering to 50K online and seeing I still have a little bit of time to get 100K in branch I wanted to see others opinions if I should apply for the card or just wait it out longer till I raise my score more. 

My CK scores are 679-680 and the last time i pulled a true FICO report, about eight months ago, I was anywhere from 645-680 depenind on bureau. Since my last FICO score I have opened 3 credit cards all with approvals and am currently at 4/24. 

My cards are currently:

Capital One QS - $900 limit (Started with 500) and have had about 18 months

Southwest Premier $7000 (Opened 7 months ago)

Discover IT - $1500 (Opened December 31, 2016)

Chase Sapphire Preffered - $12,000 (Opened December 31, 2016)

I have a few baddies on my CR but those were all on when I was approved for the above cards. My payment history is 100%, AAoA is 6 years, Utilization is 8%, and I have good standing with my other revolving account on my BMW lease (Was approved for my lease 1 year ago at 645 fico). 

My income is $137k/year and I rent an apartment that costs $700/month. I have 50K plus in checking/savings and was originally thinking about moving some money around and starting a Chase Savings/Checking account to get some of their new bonuses they are offering. 

I don't see anything on my profile that would be an instant denial (I'm under the 5/24) and it seems like Chase likes my credit profile of some sort as they have approved me for $19K between two cards in the last 7 months. 

I was thinking about going into a chase branch to see if I was pre approved for the CSR. Prior to getting my CSP I checked the online preapprovals and there was nothing. When I applied online that application took five seconds to approve and I got $12k instantly. 

If you were in my shoes would you head to the branch and take a chance or would you wait it out until my score gets higher? 

Thanks to all those who reply. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.