Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Benefit Question- Visa Infinite

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR Benefit Question- Visa Infinite

Okay so as I'm sure everyone is aware of the CSR having the $300 Travel Credit (making it worth the AF for most people).

Do you think sometime in the near future this card will get the Visa Infinite perk of the $100 airfare discount?

Since the perk is issued by Visa, not the bank backing the card I don't really see why it hasn't been done yet. The Ritz card which is the only other Chase Visa Infinite Card has this perk, but the CSR though it's Visa Infinite it does not have this benefit.

I know some will say it's because of the annual travel credit, but a free stay at the Ritz is the equivalent to that credit and still gets the $100 discount on airfare.

Let me know your thoughts!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR Benefit Question- Visa Infinite

Ritz has $300 annual travel credit as well.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I don't understand why the CSR doesn't get this Visa Infinite feature that the Chase - Ritz Card gets!

Also, is the $300 Travel Credit New for Ritz?? I remember eyeing the Ritz card in February and didn't see that feature at all.
Message 3 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Then I don't understand why the CSR doesn't get this Visa Infinite feature that the Chase - Ritz Card gets!

Also, is the $300 Travel Credit New for Ritz?? I remember eyeing the Ritz card in February and didn't see that feature at all.

Its always been on the Ritz as far as I can remember, just less liberal than the CSR travel credit.. Can use it for upgrades, lounges fees etc.. Not UBER, hotel stay or that kinda stuff..  Ritz is issued by JP Morgran where-as the CSR is Chase a bit difference so maybe a bit more "higher level" thus the additional benefits of flights?  Ritz isn't a tough card to get as long as you are willing to cough up the 450 AF..  Keep in mid IMO the CSR does have the Ritz beat though on earning and transfers to ANY partner.  I will be getting rid of my Ritz this November before my 3rd AF hits as the CSR fits me better unless they give me some retention offer as the Ritz IMO needs a point revamp due to the SPG / Marriott merger as I make more on general spend on the SPG card than Ritz and since the CSR came out other than the sign-up bonus and possibly marriott gold sttatus for first year and 10k spend per year after that the CSR has it spanked in pretty much every way IMO.  I believe they will be introducing new benefits to the RITZ, when is the question.  It use to also have the metal factor if you cared about metal cards as the Amex Black and the Ritz where the only metal cards a year or several year back, now everyone is trying to sell their cards on being metal and status lol

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Ritz stands on its own from CSR. It's for people that stay at the Ritz Carlton vs anywhere. If you stay at the Ritz (and spend that 10K a year for gold status at a Ritz or Marriott or now SPG property), the card has major value in conjunction with or independent of the CSR.

Matt4200 - it's had the $300 credit since I can recall. The AF used to be $395 (until the CSR came out and they upgraded the Ritz card to Visa Infinite). I think even though they have the same AF, the Ritz has an intended customer with higher spending and higher net worth and is geared more towards luxury travel than just travel itself - i.e. The CSR has no bonus for spending 75K a year - the Ritz gives you further elevated status at Ritz Carlton. This implies the expectation of significant annual spend on the card.

That's how I see it.

Chase Slate gives you a free Experian FICO score... no other card does. Not every card has every feature regardless of class or cost etc.
Message 5 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
The Ritz stands on its own from CSR. It's for people that stay at the Ritz Carlton vs anywhere. If you stay at the Ritz (and spend that 10K a year for gold status at a Ritz or Marriott or now SPG property), the card has major value in conjunction with or independent of the CSR.

Matt4200 - it's had the $300 credit since I can recall. The AF used to be $395 (until the CSR came out and they upgraded the Ritz card to Visa Infinite). I think even though they have the same AF, the Ritz has an intended customer with higher spending and higher net worth and is geared more towards luxury travel than just travel itself - i.e. The CSR has no bonus for spending 75K a year - the Ritz gives you further elevated status at Ritz Carlton. This implies the expectation of significant annual spend on the card.

That's how I see it.

Chase Slate gives you a free Experian FICO score... no other card does. Not every card has every feature regardless of class or cost etc.

Actually I agree on most other than one can get Gold for having Amex Platinum also the Ritz was the first infinite, it didn't come after the CSR  as an infinite but a decent time before the CSR was released.  The only other infinite card prior to the Rtz at the time was crystal bank I believe that is basically meant for wealth management.  You are right they are targeted to different income demographics imo hence the JPM vs. chase servicing them along with 75k platinum benefits, etc...  

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's how I see it.

Actually I agree on most other than one can get Gold for having Amex Platinum also the Ritz was the first infinite, it didn't come after the CSR  as an infinite but a decent time before the CSR was released.  The only other infinite card prior to the Rtz at the time was crystal bank I believe that is basically meant for wealth management.  You are right they are targeted to different income demographics imo hence the JPM vs. chase servicing them along with 75k platinum benefits, etc...  

Yes but the Amex Platinum can't do this:

https://youtu.be/uJlfg3gHDQg

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information and I guess I just didn't see the Travel Credit perk before. I agree they do have different demographics in mind.

But the question still remains will the CSR being an Infinite Card soon add this benefit? It's my understand that it's issued as a Visa Infinite perk and not by the issuing bank so I see no reason it shouldn't be added. Any thoughts?

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the information and I guess I just didn't see the Travel Credit perk before. I agree they do have different demographics in mind.

But the question still remains will the CSR being an Infinite Card soon add this benefit? It's my understand that it's issued as a Visa Infinite perk and not by the issuing bank so I see no reason it shouldn't be added. Any thoughts?

Chase is not likely to add this benefit to the CSR.  The card provides quite a few benefits now that costs them a lot and if they had plans to include it they would have done so when the card was introduced.   I have yet to use the beneift on my Ritz because there are so many other better options for booking fligths and I rarely, if ever, travel in economy any longer.

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Irish - If they won't include this feature why label it as "Visa Infinite" which all other Visa Infinite cards have this feature?

The reason I ask is that would be a HUGE draw in for me. $100 off any flight with 2 or more people looking at their portal pricing it's almost identical to Google Flights so I see no downside to it.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.