Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR, CSP, FU UR points question

tag
fungoman
Regular Contributor

CSR, CSP, FU UR points question

What combination of cards gets you eligible for UR points? Right now I have a CSP and regular Freedom. DW is AU on both but has no chase cards herself. I was considering applying for The CSR under DW name and adding myself as AU. I would then PC my CSP to the FU. This would leave FU and Freedom on my login and CSR on her login. Would this make my account ineligible for UR points?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSR, CSP, FU UR points question

ttt
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fungoman wrote:
What combination of cards gets you eligible for UR points? Right now I have a CSP and regular Freedom. DW is AU on both but has no chase cards herself. I was considering applying for The CSR under DW name and adding myself as AU. I would then PC my CSP to the FU. This would leave FU and Freedom on my login and CSR on her login. Would this make my account ineligible for UR points?

CSR/CSP/FU/Freedom all earn ultimate rewards points. CSR/CSP are just redeemed at a higher rate through the portal (50%,25% respectively). Yes, you can transfer all your FU/Freedom UR points to your DW's CSR for higher redemption.

Under "Combine Points": https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/assets/page/UltimateRewards_FAQ

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Forgive me @ gdale6, this is the second time ive seen this post "ttt" tonight. What does this stand for? Thanks.
Message 4 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

ttt = to the top
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thank you @dragontearsSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I have a Co-Worker who is Upgrading from CSP to CSR and already has the Freedom and FU... Her game plan is 

- CSR for ALL Transportation / Travel related costs. ALL Dining, except for when the Freedom's 5% Cats is Resturaunts rolls around. 

- Freedom for Categories ONLY, otherwise its SD. 

- FU for ALL General Spending that's outside of CSR or Freedom's higher tier Categories. 

You really only need CSP or the CSR, NOT both. Coupled with the Freedom for 5% Cats and the FU for Non-Cats and you're Maximizing UR Points with those 3 cards. 

Message 7 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Can I be the bad side that suggests you both apply for the CSR and walk away with 200k UR points? Smiley Happy sorry 

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Can I be the bad side that suggests you both apply for the CSR and walk away with 200k UR points? Smiley Happy sorry 

There is no way we can use the cards for 8k in 3 months. So I applied for it and DW will apply next year if the 100k bonus still working.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.