Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR/Chase Freedom/Chase Freedom Unlimited Combo

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

CSR/Chase Freedom/Chase Freedom Unlimited Combo

How many of you have all three of the above listed cards, and use this 3-way combo? I have both the CSR and Unlimited, and am thinking of applying for the Freedom to maximize the rewards system.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR/Chase Freedom/Chase Freedom Unlimited Combo

I am not a participant but I am completely jealous of all who are.  I would add that whoever has this trio needs to add the Chase Ink Cash and Preferred cards.  Big time benefits in addition with 3-5% categories. 

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:
How many of you have all three of the above listed cards, and use this 3-way combo? I have both the CSR and Unlimited, and am thinking of applying for the Freedom to maximize the rewards system.

I have all 3.  Great combination.  Of the 3, the Freedom is the one that you have to 'work' the hardest and make sure you maximize the quarterly bonuses.  Otherwise, just the CSR and FU cards work well together.  Of course this is all dependent on your use use of UR points and maximizing their value with travel partners.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not a participant but I am completely jealous of all who are.  I would add that whoever has this trio needs to add the Chase Ink Cash and Preferred cards.  Big time benefits in addition with 3-5% categories. 

The Ink cards are a great addition (I have the Ink+) but you definitely don't need the CSP if you have the CSR.  CSR is equal to or outdoes the CSP in every category and having it does nothing for you.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was referring to the new Ink Preferred.  It offers 3% cash-back in a few interesting categories, like cell phone, shipping and online advertising, not to mention it also gives you free cell phone protection, so no need for Square Trade or other phone insurances. 

Any owner of the CSR and the CSP should product-change the CSP. 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was referring to the new Ink Preferred.  It offers 3% cash-back in a few interesting categories, like cell phone, shipping and online advertising, not to mention it also gives you free cell phone protection, so no need for Square Trade or other phone insurances. 

Any owner of the CSR and the CSP should product-change the CSP. 

Gotcha, my mistake and yes, that is a great card as well and you're right on the PC

Message 6 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Ink cards are a great addition (I have the Ink+) but you definitely don't need the CSP if you have the CSR.  CSR is equal to or outdoes the CSP in every category and having it does nothing for you.

I currently use the Citi Costco Business card. I may get Ink card (no Ink+), but I'm still in holding mode. 

Message 7 of 19
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

I have the first two in that trio, but the next card I will apply for is the Ink.  I'm trying to clear some things up first, because they denied me a year ago.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 8 of 19
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

I had the CSP and the Freedom, then I got the CSR, converted the CSP to the FU, and now I have all 3 of the ones you mentioned. 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the combo now. Easy way to earn valuable UR points. I use them frequently for Hyatt. 

Freedom is a good card, not always easy to maximize categories but even if you can't spend $1500 for the quarter, the earning rate is still high and no annual fee. Hard to beat. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.