Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR In-Branch Question

tag
digitek
Established Contributor

CSR In-Branch Question

My wife applied for the CSR In-Branch today and was told that she would get the response in the mail.  I am pretty sure that she is under 5/24 and her scores are around 750, income together is 125k.  Would they have told her right away if she was approved or denied?  I thought it a little strange that they just told her to wait for the response.  If she was over 5/24 would they have just told her straight up?  She has a Target card which I think is her 5th card, and I'm not sure if they count store cards.

Thanks for any info you can pass me, I guess we'll just have to wait either way, but I was really surprised she wasn't approved on the spot.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSR In-Branch Question

You can check Chase application status phone line: 1-800-432-3117

Let us know what the robo lady says

Message 2 of 7
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@digitek wrote:

My wife applied for the CSR In-Branch today and was told that she would get the response in the mail.  I am pretty sure that she is under 5/24 and her scores are around 750, income together is 125k.  Would they have told her right away if she was approved or denied?  I thought it a little strange that they just told her to wait for the response.  If she was over 5/24 would they have just told her straight up?  She has a Target card which I think is her 5th card, and I'm not sure if they count store cards.

Thanks for any info you can pass me, I guess we'll just have to wait either way, but I was really surprised she wasn't approved on the spot.

was there a pre-approval for a csp there?  that can be a strong indicator on yielding a csr.  one cannot be pretty sure about getting a chase card, unless one has a pre-app which I hear is impossible for the csr then one has to be under 5/24,  do a $ 1 CCT and that will tell you where she stands.  scores/income are fine but there are many factors that come into play.  my 4 chase apps have all been instant but I have heard of delays as well so its a crap shoot to some extent.

Message 3 of 7
digitek
Established Contributor

Thanks for the number to call csryang, I gave it a ring this morning.  It wasn't a flat out denial, they said "Your application is being reviewed and we will send you notice of our decision in 7-10 business days."

Guess I'll just have to hurry up and wait.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@digitek wrote:

Thanks for the number to call csryang, I gave it a ring this morning.  It wasn't a flat out denial, they said "Your application is being reviewed and we will send you notice of our decision in 7-10 business days."

There are always exceptions, but don't get your hopes up just yet. The vast majority of the time, 7-10 day on the status line is already a denial. The line doesn't ever actually say 'denied' as far as I have experienced.

Message 5 of 7
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Every application I've had that was 7-10, was a denial and every time it said 30 days it was an approval. That seems to be the trend, but there are notable exceptions where people were approved with the 7-10 day message after recon.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@digitek wrote:

There are always exceptions, but don't get your hopes up just yet. The vast majority of the time, 7-10 day on the status line is already a denial. The line doesn't ever actually say 'denied' as far as I have experienced.

I don't know if CLI requests are treated differently from initial applications, but I got a 7-10 day notice on a CLI request a couple weeks ago.  It was approved exactly 7 days later.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.