Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR - In-branch approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR - In-branch approval?

@Adkins wrote:

Ha! I'm already signed up for their credit journey thingie. Nothing yet. *Laughs*  His Chase cards weren't even set up for online until I did it for him because I wanted to pay the bill and I don't send checks. And correct, there's no separate login. Eh, it was a thought! Thanks!

Well please do post a thread if you ever DO see offers.  I have yet to have ANY data points other than my own CCJ offers I saw one time.  I am blocked from CCJ now because Chase decided to try to combine it into the main login for customers, ugh!

Chase does offer a no-fee savings account with horrid interest (0.01% which is 100x less than 1.0% lol) but it requires a minimum daily balance of $300 to avoid the $5 free.  So compared to a 1.1% interest account, that account earns $0.03 per year versus $3.32 on a 1.1% account.  If it's worth it to you to sock away $300 and lose out on a whopping $3.29 in interest accrued, then do it.  The offers can be nice to see and for me I'd say $3.29 in lost interest is probably worth it.

I do have a Chase savings account (fee-free because of my premium business checking) and I've been meaning to transfer $5000 into there to see if it might entice them to give me offers again.  I had offers in May (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited) when my TU FICO was 640, but now at 701 I have zero offers and nothing ever.

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's Au on my CSP and I don't believe she gets her own login - but she's also cardholder with her freedom. Still when adding her Au I don't recall seeing an option to give her online access.
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adkins, are you geeky enough to handle some minor code searches?  If so, please do this for me (it's safe, nothing hacking or anything like that).

1. Use Google Chrome browser if you have it, but I assume Firefox and IE can both do this somehow
  2. Log into Chase Credit Journey.
  3. On the main page with the simulation at the bottom, right click anywhere on the page that isn't a button (like text or white space is fine)
  4. Click "View Page Source" in Chrome, or something similar in other browser
  5. A new tab will open up with a lot of ugly code.  Ignore the code.
  6. Click Ctrl-F on your keyboard (in Chrome) and a search field will drop down at the top right of your screen (in Chrome)
  7. Type in the letters preq in lower case.
  8. This should make the screen pop/scroll down to a highlighted section of the web page code.
  9. Does it look like this:
		<div data-modal="prequalified-offers">
			<p>Congratulations! Based on your credit information, these prequalified credit card offers have been identified for you.</p>
		</div>

If so, it probably means that non-Chase customers will get some offers at SOME point.  I have no offers on my CCJ right now, but I do see this code snippet.

Also feel free to close that code window.

Message 13 of 35
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Ha! I'm already signed up for their credit journey thingie. Nothing yet. *Laughs*  His Chase cards weren't even set up for online until I did it for him because I wanted to pay the bill and I don't send checks. And correct, there's no separate login. Eh, it was a thought! Thanks!

Well please do post a thread if you ever DO see offers.  I have yet to have ANY data points other than my own CCJ offers I saw one time.  I am blocked from CCJ now because Chase decided to try to combine it into the main login for customers, ugh!

Chase does offer a no-fee savings account with horrid interest (0.01% which is 100x less than 1.0% lol) but it requires a minimum daily balance of $300 to avoid the $5 free.  So compared to a 1.1% interest account, that account earns $0.03 per year versus $3.32 on a 1.1% account.  If it's worth it to you to sock away $300 and lose out on a whopping $3.29 in interest accrued, then do it.  The offers can be nice to see and for me I'd say $3.29 in lost interest is probably worth it.

I do have a Chase savings account (fee-free because of my premium business checking) and I've been meaning to transfer $5000 into there to see if it might entice them to give me offers again.  I had offers in May (Freedom, Freedom Unlimited) when my TU FICO was 640, but now at 701 I have zero offers and nothing ever.

Interesting.  I'll let you know if any pops up on the Chase journey! I'll have to think about the savings account prospect. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 14 of 35
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Adkins, are you geeky enough to handle some minor code searches?  If so, please do this for me (it's safe, nothing hacking or anything like that).

1. Use Google Chrome browser if you have it, but I assume Firefox and IE can both do this somehow
  2. Log into Chase Credit Journey.
  3. On the main page with the simulation at the bottom, right click anywhere on the page that isn't a button (like text or white space is fine)
  4. Click "View Page Source" in Chrome, or something similar in other browser
  5. A new tab will open up with a lot of ugly code.  Ignore the code.
  6. Click Ctrl-F on your keyboard (in Chrome) and a search field will drop down at the top right of your screen (in Chrome)
  7. Type in the letters preq in lower case.
  8. This should make the screen pop/scroll down to a highlighted section of the web page code.
  9. Does it look like this:
		<div data-modal="prequalified-offers">
			<p>Congratulations! Based on your credit information, these prequalified credit card offers have been identified for you.</p>
		</div>

If so, it probably means that non-Chase customers will get some offers at SOME point.  I have no offers on my CCJ right now, but I do see this code snippet.

Also feel free to close that code window.

One day, maybe a pre-qualification!One day, maybe a pre-qualification!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol that is the most awesome mobile camera screen cap EVER EVER EVER.  +5 ABCD FAKO points for you.

So at least you have the code there.  Does it mean anything?  Probably not.

Also, I don't believe in luck or karma or anything, but I white list all my credit monitoring FAKO sites in my ad blocker so they aren't blocked AT ALL in case pre-qualification offers might be construed as an ad by the blocker.  If you use an ad blocker, doesn't hurt to disable it for those domain names.  Doubtful it matters, but why risk it?

Please please do update us or post a new thread data point if you EVER see an offer.  I'd even ask if you do ever see an offer there to go into a branch and tell a personal desk banker that you saw an offer and ask them if there is any chance you may be in the system already.  This is assuming you DON'T let $300 ride in a Chase savings account, of course.

FWIW, I always open up all credit websites source code to go through.  I also try out a variety of URL changes when I see offer URLs with interesting codes in there, lol.  So far I don't get much out of it, but it's nice to know what's in their code.

Message 16 of 35
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lol that is the most awesome mobile camera screen cap EVER EVER EVER.  +5 ABCD FAKO points for you.

I've gotten really good at doing this. Don't ask. 

So at least you have the code there.  Does it mean anything?  Probably not.

Also, I don't believe in luck or karma or anything, but I white list all my credit monitoring FAKO sites in my ad blocker so they aren't blocked AT ALL in case pre-qualification offers might be construed as an ad by the blocker.  If you use an ad blocker, doesn't hurt to disable it for those domain names.  Doubtful it matters, but why risk it?

Please please do update us or post a new thread data point if you EVER see an offer.  I'd even ask if you do ever see an offer there to go into a branch and tell a personal desk banker that you saw an offer and ask them if there is any chance you may be in the system already.  This is assuming you DON'T let $300 ride in a Chase savings account, of course.

FWIW, I always open up all credit websites source code to go through.  I also try out a variety of URL changes when I see offer URLs with interesting codes in there, lol.  So far I don't get much out of it, but it's nice to know what's in their code.

I'm probably not going to to the savings account at Chase yet. How about I wait until January of 2019 if I don't get an offer next year? I expect a slow but steady score rise in 2018.

Occasionally my connection between my lab system and my doctor's system **bleep**s up, and I get sent everything coded. I understand enough to untangle the sent information on my end and make sense of the data but I really hate when it happens though. Blerg. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

I'm probably not going to to the savings account at Chase yet. How about I wait until January of 2019 if I don't get an offer next year? I expect a slow but steady score rise in 2018.

Sounds like a good patient plan to me!

The only time I ever got offers they showed up in Chase Credit Journey AND in Chase login at the exact same time -- and it was when my scores were WAY lower and I still had an unpaid collection AND unpaid tax lien on all 3.  So go figure that I'd get an offer and then nothing after.

I kinda regret not getting both offers granted to me, but I also didn't know about the Chase double app dip back then.  No big deal, would have hurt my X/24 even more, but still would have been nice.

Message 18 of 35
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any DP's as to if it's worth applying for the card in-branch as opposed to online even if you're not pre-qualified?

I don't really care about the INQ's, but if it's totally the same procedure and the in-person Rep can't increase the likelihood of the card being issued, there's no point.

Thanks.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

Does anyone have any DP's as to if it's worth applying for the card in-branch as opposed to online even if you're not pre-qualified?

I don't really care about the INQ's, but if it's totally the same procedure and the in-person Rep can't increase the likelihood of the card being issued, there's no point.

Thanks.

Endless data points.

First of all, if there's an identity verification issue on application, your banker can get your ID and send it to their fraud department then and there.  Of course, you may get instant approval, instant identity request, or a 30-day message.

Secondly, if you have an in-branch OFFER, it can get you past the 5/24 rules in many cases (but not all).  You can NOT get past 5/24 if you cold app online or in-branch.  You MUST have an offer in-branch for CSR for going around 5/24.

The rep can't push for a card to be issued, but the rep CAN possibly help with identity issues, etc.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.