cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR - This PC Train Could Hurt Future Offers?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR - This PC Train Could Hurt Future Offers?

I see everything running to the PC option for the CSR. I'm wondering how many people are actually doing this. If it's the minority population of credit card nerds on these forums and others, not so bad. But if it's more I'm wondering if Chase will notice and lower its sign-up bonus faster than usual?

By all means PC if it makes sense for you. But some could possibly use some patience with 5/24. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Re: CSR - This PC Train Could Hurt Future Offers?

I won't product change. I'll apply and if for some reason I don't get it, then oh well.
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 2 of 10
redpat
Senior Contributor

Some may choose to PC if they are sitting on a lot of UR points for the 1.50 vs. 1.25 so if you have 200k that's an additional $500 in portal travel that they may need to use.  Also if they spend a significate amount of dollars on travel and dining then the additional point could be material for the PC.

I don't think many are PCing for the wrong reasons and you can never worry about future offers, it is what it is.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Waiting out 5/24 has some pitfalls too, though. There's no guarantee the bonus sticks around. There's no guarantee the card even sticks around. You are basically giving up all other cards/options in the hope of getting one card 12, 18, or even 24 months from now. As you know from reading the forums, a lot can change in that amount of time! It can be bad to hold out hope for too long on any one specific thing.

If you truly just want the card for the benefits do the PC.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valid points, all of you. Thanks for responses. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I've learned 1 thing it is budget my cards wisely. Meaning my wife was able to get this card but I don't want to miss out on the next big one in 1 2 or 5 years. No more cards for me till 2018 that way when something BIG comes out I won't miss out.
I wanted one so we could combine both 100k bonuses but I'm at 9/24.
I guess it's all for the best though.
Message 6 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If I've learned 1 thing it is budget my cards wisely. Meaning my wife was able to get this card but I don't want to miss out on the next big one in 1 2 or 5 years. No more cards for me till 2018 that way when something BIG comes out I won't miss out.
I wanted one so we could combine both 100k bonuses but I'm at 9/24.
I guess it's all for the best though.

Have you gone to a branch to see if you are preapproved? Many are bypassing 5/24 this way. There's 4 or 5 threads right now in Approvals of members that did that today. I also read about it on a couple other forums.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baller. What if you're not pre-approved in branch? Can you still bypass 5/24 by apping in branch?
Message 8 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Baller. What if you're not pre-approved in branch? Can you still bypass 5/24 by apping in branch?

No. You must be preapproved. Only way around it apparently.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naw we have now 3 cards with high fees.
Chase Ritz-Carlton
Citi prestige
and now CSR
the only reason I was wanting it was for the points then cancel next august.
Hitting the 8k mark due to 2 cards would be hard since the $900 fee would also be due asap.
No big deal I have enough points with my Ritz to stay anywhere for a week or 2.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.