Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR Travel Credit is incredible!!

tag
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSR Travel Credit is incredible!!

@Xistaben2 wrote:

I am amazed how painless it is.  I bought 3 RT tickets from Delta for an upcoming trip.  Total cost was about $1000 or so and the credit posted pretty much at the same time the charges posted.

AND I got the 3x points for the whole shebang.  However, my AF posted today, so.... bitter sweet lol.

I am to understand the Global Entry fee is just as painless, but I have to wait for my passport appointment to get that taken care of.

If you are in a major city the appointemtns for Global Entry can be 5-6 months out, but check the website daily b.c more times get added or people cancel Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 33
Xistaben2
New Contributor

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Xistaben2 wrote:

I am amazed how painless it is.  I bought 3 RT tickets from Delta for an upcoming trip.  Total cost was about $1000 or so and the credit posted pretty much at the same time the charges posted.

AND I got the 3x points for the whole shebang.  However, my AF posted today, so.... bitter sweet lol.

I am to understand the Global Entry fee is just as painless, but I have to wait for my passport appointment to get that taken care of.

If you are in a major city the appointemtns for Global Entry can be 5-6 months out, but check the website daily b.c more times get added or people cancel Smiley Happy 

I hope it's not 5-6 months out where I am... that would suck.  I have plans for 2 international trips coming up that I'd rather not spend all day in line for.  The second trip is more than 6 months out though.

Passport appointment is about 2 weeks out.  I wanted to do Global Entry though because I heard it also includes Pre-Check for domestic as well.  Good to know on those times though, that just means I will schedule myself and DW for GE at the same time.  Just to get it done.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the chase sapphire reserve credit travel too! I just used uber about 5-6 times the past 2 days and I've been automatically credited it back without having to call in to get remburised etc, and it's even better that chase let's you see and keep track of how much you've used up out of the $300 credit on your account. Quick question however, does the 300 travel credit reset every calendar year... As in January 1st? Or does it reset every year via when you opened up your CSR account?
Message 13 of 33
Xistaben2
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love the chase sapphire reserve credit travel too! I just used uber about 5-6 times the past 2 days and I've been automatically credited it back without having to call in to get remburised etc, and it's even better that chase let's you see and keep track of how much you've used up out of the $300 credit on your account. Quick question however, does the 300 travel credit reset every calendar year... As in January 1st? Or does it reset every year via when you opened up your CSR account?

Should be calendar year - that's why there was such hype because you could get a $300 credit for 2016, then another for 2017 before the AF hits again.

I actually got a promo code from chase (don't remember where) where they would pay for my first Uber Ride up to $30.  Since I had a new Uber account that I hadn't used yet, I added the code and it worked.  Not sure if that works with someone who has already taken rides though.

Message 14 of 33
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase posted that the travel credit is calendar year ending with the December statement. My due date is the 1st so my statement date is the 4th. So my calendar year end December 4th. I think I may change that.

Message 15 of 33
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Xistaben2 wrote:

Yes, the Global Entry fee is just as painless.

2016-09-07_06-10-36.jpg

Message 16 of 33
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Xistaben2 wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Xistaben2 wrote:

I hope it's not 5-6 months out where I am... that would suck.  I have plans for 2 international trips coming up that I'd rather not spend all day in line for.  The second trip is more than 6 months out though.

Passport appointment is about 2 weeks out.  I wanted to do Global Entry though because I heard it also includes Pre-Check for domestic as well.  Good to know on those times though, that just means I will schedule myself and DW for GE at the same time.  Just to get it done.

Well some good news if the GE doesn't come through in time.. they said digital passport is just as quick because not many people are utilizing it.. so if GE doesn't come through download the digital passport app and there ya go! Fast! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 33
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Xistaben2 wrote:

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@Xistaben2 wrote:

In Dallas you can easily get an appointment within 2 weeks or less - we are going next Thursday and only submitted the Global Entry application the Friday after the card came out.  It took them about a week to review the online application and then we found a bunch of available appointments within 2-3 weeks after they approved us to the next step.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Maybe I'm just behind but I didn't realize it would automatically credit all travel related charges until the $300 was used up... I have to call for my Ritz and it's only on airline stuff... I literally have a $.75 travel adjustment refund for parking meter!

To put it shortly I used the $300 travel credit up in under a month but hey that's $300 that I didn't have to pay for!! Smiley Happy

Umm, you did pay for it, you just got a refund of your $300 that you paid.

Now the card costs you $150 annually.

The good news is in 2017 you can take a $300 advance from chase before your AF comes due.

This is how CCCs make money. Dupe people into believing that they got free money when all they're actually doing is breaking even. Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 33
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Maybe I'm just behind but I didn't realize it would automatically credit all travel related charges until the $300 was used up... I have to call for my Ritz and it's only on airline stuff... I literally have a $.75 travel adjustment refund for parking meter!

To put it shortly I used the $300 travel credit up in under a month but hey that's $300 that I didn't have to pay for!! Smiley Happy

Umm, you did pay for it, you just got a refund of your $300 that you paid.

Now the card costs you $150 annually.

The good news is in 2017 you can take a $300 advance from chase before your AF comes due.

This is how CCCs make money. Dupe people into believing that they got free money when all they're actually doing is breaking even. Smiley Very Happy

Is hard to not get free money with this card if you get the bonus. I'll need more than 12 years to break even.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.