cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR & Freedom Unlimited or CSP, Freedom and FU Trifecta?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

CSR & Freedom Unlimited or CSP, Freedom and FU Trifecta?

I currently have the trifecta listed above. Would it be more beneficial to have the CSR with the Freedom Unlimited if I were to PC my Freedom to a CSR? 

Or should I leave it until I can apply for the CSR. Wouldnt be for another 1.5 years until that is possible though. 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR & Freedom Unlimited or CSP, Freedom and FU Trifecta?

Why 1.5 years to wait?

Message 2 of 10
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I guess minimum would be a year - and 5/24.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a banking relationship with Chase so you can watch your offers screen online for green checkmark preapprovals and then go into a branch and ask them to pull it up and apply.

I was under the impression that in-branch preapprovals ignored 5/24.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're going to PC to the CSR and not go for the sign up bonus, why not PC your CSP? You won't have an need for the Preferred and the Reserve at the same time.

If you need a higher limit on the CSP first, ask for an increase when you change it over. Will bea HP but that way you'd still have the trifecta. Those 3 are the only cards I carry.

Message 5 of 10
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to PC to the CSR and not go for the sign up bonus, why not PC your CSP? You won't have an need for the Preferred and the Reserve at the same time.

If you need a higher limit on the CSP first, ask for an increase when you change it over. Will bea HP but that way you'd still have the trifecta. Those 3 are the only cards I carry.

This..... 100000000%! 

Cheers!

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 6 of 10
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well because my CSP isn't a year old yet so they won't allow me to PC it.
Message 7 of 10
iced
Valued Contributor

Is the reason one option has 3 cards and the other 2 is because you can't PC the Preferred to a Reserve yet?

As for which is more beneficial, I don't think we have enough data to answer that one for you:

- If your spending is heavily tilted toward travel/dining, the Reserve will win out and you should build around that.

- If your spending is not dominated by dining/travel and you don't spend much in the categories that the Freedom has for 5%, then it's not bringing much to the table. In this case, it's safe to go with the Reserve/Unlimited if you do more than trace amounts of dining/travel spend.

- If you DO spend a lot in the Freedom categories and not so much dining/travel, it may be better to hold on to the Preferred/Unlimited/Freedom.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may be possible to get your CSP to a CSR still.... not sure if this same method works for the CSR but I was able to PC my CSP to a Freedom only 2 months after approval.

It required some jumping through hoops, but it was doable.

I had initially asked if I could PC my CSP to a Freedom and I got the less-than-a-year reason as to why I could not PC to anything.

So, I sent an SM asking to downgrade to the old sapphire, and that was granted.

From there, I asked if I was able to go to the Freedom, and they countered with the FU only, but the Freedom would be unavailable until I was at the 1 year mark. So, I took the FU to see if I could "work the system".

A couple days later, I sent another SM to go from the CFU to the Freedom, and voila!

I wonder if you can go from the old sapphire to the CSR without question, as I had done to get to the Freedom from my CSP without it being a year old.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It may be possible to get your CSP to a CSR still.... not sure if this same method works for the CSR but I was able to PC my CSP to a Freedom only 2 months after approval.

It required some jumping through hoops, but it was doable.

I had initially asked if I could PC my CSP to a Freedom and I got the less-than-a-year reason as to why I could not PC to anything.

So, I sent an SM asking to downgrade to the old sapphire, and that was granted.

From there, I asked if I was able to go to the Freedom, and they countered with the FU only, but the Freedom would be unavailable until I was at the 1 year mark. So, I took the FU to see if I could "work the system".

A couple days later, I sent another SM to go from the CFU to the Freedom, and voila!

I wonder if you can go from the old sapphire to the CSR without question, as I had done to get to the Freedom from my CSP without it being a year old.

The difference is that in a CSP to Freedom PC, there is no increase in AF.  With a CSP to CSR there is a big increase in AF and that's prohibited in the first year under the Card Act

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.