Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSR app - credit limit transfer

tag
iWuzCool
Established Member

CSR app - credit limit transfer

I have a CSP with a 20K limit.  I just appleid for the CSR and got a pending message so I called in. 

After verifying my info I was told that I will be approved but I need to transfer 10K from the CSP to the CSR, so no additional credit will be given.  He said that I don's use much of my available credit credit now and didn't think I needed more.   I said that it was OK (I mostly want the bonus) but that I was a little disapointed and like to keep my utilization low.  I also said that 10K isn't enough if he wants it to be used as a primary card.  The rep replied saying the he would consider a counter offer.  I asked for 5K more on the CSR, 15K limit.  He put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back to say that I was approved told me the app would be processed in 2 days.

I wasn't prepared for this so I'm sharing my storey and wondering if I should have been more aggressive.  I ididn't want to kill the deal or flag the app for income verification or something else that would have delayed things because of the bonus and hassle.   I'm really happy to get this card regardless.

Any options on how I could have handled this better?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: CSR app - credit limit transfer

It is what it is.  Just move forward and I'm glad you got the 100k.  Call back an PC CSP to Freedom or Freedom Unlimited.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 9
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

And now, IMO you should move the rest of that CSP limit to your new CSR.  CSR is a better card and gives you more flexibility at 25k!!  Just a thought!  Congrats

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 3 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

@JustBPatient wrote:

And now, IMO you should move the rest of that CSP limit to your new CSR.  CSR is a better card and gives you more flexibility at 25k!!  Just a thought!  Congrats

that what I did, move all but 1K to CSR, PC CSP to Slate (for ex fico score)

they give back pro-rated CSP AF back as well.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:

@JustBPatient wrote:

that what I did, move all but 1K to CSR, PC CSP to Slate (for ex fico score)

they give back pro-rated CSP AF back as well.

Why? Your amex has a free EX FICO. Slate is useless. Switch to FU. 

Message 5 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

I use spg for no category spending and most of my spending is out of country.
FU does not make sense in my case.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 9
rlx01
Established Contributor

I think you did well.

You got the CSR, the 100k bonus and 5k more in credit than they wanted to give you.

Seems like a successful call to me. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
iWuzCool
Established Member

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm going to PC my CSP to the FU I think.

So today I logged into Chase and the CSR is listed with a 10K limit so amount the rep put in wasn't approved I guess.  I'll give them a call on Monday to see what happened.  My Amex and BofA cards are both 25K and I don't like to go over 25% utilization.  My highest statement balance on the CSP was 6K and I pay in full every month.  They are making it hard for me to make this my primary card.  I wonder what the deal is.  I also have a Chase Ink Plus with them the we do carry a balance on.  Maybe that's part of the issue.

Message 8 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@iWuzCool wrote:

I have a CSP with a 20K limit.  I just appleid for the CSR and got a pending message so I called in. 

After verifying my info I was told that I will be approved but I need to transfer 10K from the CSP to the CSR, so no additional credit will be given.  He said that I don's use much of my available credit credit now and didn't think I needed more.   I said that it was OK (I mostly want the bonus) but that I was a little disapointed and like to keep my utilization low.  I also said that 10K isn't enough if he wants it to be used as a primary card.  The rep replied saying the he would consider a counter offer.  I asked for 5K more on the CSR, 15K limit.  He put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back to say that I was approved told me the app would be processed in 2 days.

I wasn't prepared for this so I'm sharing my storey and wondering if I should have been more aggressive.  I ididn't want to kill the deal or flag the app for income verification or something else that would have delayed things because of the bonus and hassle.   I'm really happy to get this card regardless.

Any options on how I could have handled this better?

Credit line does not mean anything unless you really need it. In this case, if you carry a large balance and want the utilization down. I believe CSR has a minimum CL of $10K. Take whatever you are given, use it regularly and Chase will give you a raise! But you won't get rich this way, but only poorer. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.