CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR to 50k sign-up 1/12/17

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I see that some are at 5/24 this is the max one can have in 2 years and still be approved you do not have to wait till 4/24.

Last year on the application page for CSR it explicitly said: You will not be approved for this card if you have opened 5 or more bank cards in the past 24 months. (Emphasis mine)  Has that changed recently? I acquired 5 new cards back in 2015 so understood I would need to wait until 2017 to open a new card with Chase. Has something changed recently with the interpretation? Are people getting approved right at 5 new cards? My profile looks good right now for a CSR approval, but I don't want to waste two hard pulls.

Yes that was removed within the same day it was put up on the wording.  Someone didn't like that being published at Chase I suppose Smiley Happy

Thanks for pointing this out gdale and cc. That's a gamechanger for me.

Message 81 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I see that some are at 5/24 this is the max one can have in 2 years and still be approved you do not have to wait till 4/24.

Last year on the application page for CSR it explicitly said: You will not be approved for this card if you have opened 5 or more bank cards in the past 24 months. (Emphasis mine)  Has that changed recently? I acquired 5 new cards back in 2015 so understood I would need to wait until 2017 to open a new card with Chase. Has something changed recently with the interpretation? Are people getting approved right at 5 new cards? My profile looks good right now for a CSR approval, but I don't want to waste two hard pulls.

Yes that was removed within the same day it was put up on the wording.  Someone didn't like that being published at Chase I suppose Smiley Happy

But does the removal from the website mean that they actually changed the criteria? I'm not here every day, but I was certain people with 5 new cards were getting turned down. Perhaps I'm misremembering.

Message 82 of 158
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

But does the removal from the website mean that they actually changed the criteria? I'm not here every day, but I was certain people with 5 new cards were getting turned down. Perhaps I'm misremembering.

No the 5/24 rule still very much exists.. Chase just didn't want to make it public for whatever reason that might be so they yanked down that wording that was on the website after less than a day.  Hope this helps

Message 83 of 158
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Im not really sure I have seen sites say 5 or more and some say more than 5. I will know towards the end of next month when I app for CSP as I will be 5/24, I wont be 4/24 till June.

Message 84 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale6 mentions that 5 new accounts still falls within approval while everywhere else I'm reading says 5 is too many. This is where I'm confused.

eta: Ah, gdale6, so you're not quite sure on the interpretation.

Message 85 of 158
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale6 mentions that 5 new accounts still falls within approval while everywhere else I'm reading says 5 is too many. This is where I'm confused.

not sure why people make such a stink about 5/24 - have to been into a branch lately?  I have almost every chase card come up as available, csp, slate, fu, ink, etc.  I am just waiting for my scores to rebound from a auto loan and then that nice little 80K ink is mine.  the branch is the ticket as far as chase apps go imo, I would never app online with them again.

Message 86 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

not sure why people make such a stink about 5/24 - have to been into a branch lately?  I have almost every chase card come up as available, csp, slate, fu, ink, etc.  I am just waiting for my scores to rebound from a auto loan and then that nice little 80K ink is mine.  the branch is the ticket as far as chase apps go imo, I would never app online with them again.

I've never been to a Chase branch in my life. There's none in my state. 

Message 87 of 158
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never been to a Chase branch in my life. There's none in my state. 

well that does change things.  I am in beverly hills and there are 2 within just a few blocks.  they are everywhere.  maybe you can call a branch and see if they can do a docusign for the title page that needs a sig

Message 88 of 158
Anonymous
Not applicable

bourgogne, I've been in the branch to check several times with no luck (no prequals at all).

The interesting part is that I am showing prequals online (no CSR).

Message 89 of 158
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

bourgogne, I've been in the branch to check several times with no luck (no prequals at all).

The interesting part is that I am showing prequals online (no CSR).

well now that is odd.  how many cuts on your chase card?  have you tried multiple branches?

EDIT: what is your average score and what is your high cl card and how long has you had it?

Message 90 of 158
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.