Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU CC reporting

tag
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

CU CC reporting

I just pulled my reports and noticed that my Service CU CC is showing up as an "OTHER" account, account type is "INSTALLMENT", the loan type is "UNSECURED" and no credit limit is being reported, only the largest past balance.  Do all CU report their CC this way?

Current Score: EX 772 EQ 777 TU 783 15 Jan 17
Goal Score: 815 across the board by Jan 18

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CU CC reporting

ok spill the beans! which cu and who do they pull? is it reporting this way on all 3? tell dang it!

this is a good thing as installment is dinged less fico points than revolving for balance owed. if you have any balances being revolved on other cards and could bt to this card w/o a huge fee or rate do it.
Message 2 of 6
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
ok spill the beans! which cu and who do they pull? is it reporting this way on all 3? tell dang it!

this is a good thing as installment is dinged less fico points than revolving for balance owed. if you have any balances being revolved on other cards and could bt to this card w/o a huge fee or rate do it.

The website for the CU is www.servicecu.org and they pulled EX.  EX & TU is listing it as an installment acct while EQ is listing as a revolving.  EQ is also the only one that shows the CL. 

So are you saying that it wouldn't make a difference if I did a BT?  Right now my rate is 9.13%.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

looks like your eq would take the uti hit, but if ex and tu have it coded as an installment acount this helps your overall revolving uti rate (the harshest kind in fico scoring) because it being counted in the installment category for fico fico scoring.

i looked and it seems only military or residence of certain areas to join, any other in's?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting CU! Unfortunately I'm not in New Hampshire or Ma. and not eligible
Message 5 of 6
rubaty
Frequent Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:
looks like your eq would take the uti hit, but if ex and tu have it coded as an installment acount this helps your overall revolving uti rate (the harshest kind in fico scoring) because it being counted in the installment category for fico fico scoring.

i looked and it seems only military or residence of certain areas to join, any other in's?

I found this on their website...hopefully this help:

Membership eligibility

Eligible members in the USA include:

• Individuals who live or work in the State of New Hampshire, with the exception of Coos County
  • Individuals who live or work in the towns of Falmouth, Mashpee, Bourne and Sandwich Massachusetts.
  • Families of credit union members "wherever they may live or work"
  • Select employer groups

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.