Yep, but it was a CU CLI none the less.  Smiley Happy

Perhaps you missed the irony.

Message 12 of 15
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: CU CLI? Anyone?

illtakecreditforthat/All,

Agreed.

Unfortunately Alliant did not feel the same. They seem a bit more conservative on CLI's (at least they were in my case). In all fairness I had just initiated a substantial BT that had not posted before statement cut so it looked as if I had large balances on 2 cards instead of 1. I explained, but the loan officer I get is a bit rigid (no soup for you!). I am patient, and will try again in 6-12 mos (card will be 1.5-2yrs old). My alliant cc is a very small CL compared to others. Because of the toy limit, I dont use it. We'll see what happens in the future.

Whoo Hooo...Power to the Consumer!!

@Anonymous wrote:

ocheosa & creditwherecreditisdue,

Excellent!

The more information being discussed about CUs supports the proposition that in this environment they represent a stable and progressive alternative to major banks.  At a minimum, CU credit cards should be an integral part of your credit mix.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ocheosa,

Thanks for the info.  Alliant is my oldest CU, but I may wait for CLI.  Did they do a hard pull?  I haven't heard of anyone get an Alliant CLI

Message 14 of 15
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ocheosa,

Thanks for the info.  Alliant is my oldest CU, but I may wait for CLI.  Did they do a hard pull?  I haven't heard of anyone get an Alliant CLI

Hi,

Yes, it was a hard (EQ). I think I remember someone else mentioning problems with Alliant CLI's. But as it seems to be a decision made by the LO, YMMV. Unfortunately, I had the same person both when opening the account and for the CLI.

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.