08-05-2009 05:29 PM
Thanks to the great reviews and recommendations on this forum, I have become a CU convert (3 CCs). I was wondering if anyone has received any CLIs from their CU accounts. If so, would you please share the following:
1. Length of time before CLI?
3. Hard/Soft Inq.?
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI?
5. Name of CU?
08-05-2009 06:35 PM
1. Length of time before CLI? 6.5 months
2. Automatic/Request? request
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? hard
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $10k / +15k
5. Name of CU? JFCU
08-05-2009 09:58 PM
1. Length of time before CLI? About 14 months.
2. Automatic/Request? Auto
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? Soft
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $10K/$8.2K - Accepted as a separate CC, had option of CLI.
5. Name of CU? PenFed
08-05-2009 10:05 PM
ocheosa & creditwherecreditisdue,
The more information being discussed about CUs supports the proposition that in this environment they represent a stable and progressive alternative to major banks. At a minimum, CU credit cards should be an integral part of your credit mix.
08-07-2009 11:08 AM
1. Length of time before CLI? I think about a year
2. Automatic/Request? Request, although they have automatic
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? soft, I made sure to ask first!
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $4,500 or thereabouts - first increase to $6,000, second to $12,000
5. Name of CU? USAA
this was with their world mastercard
08-07-2009 11:59 AM
I don't know his specifics, but wmarat reported recently getting a $30,000 CLI - going from $20k to $50k on his PenFed.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO