Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
08-05-2009 05:29 PM
Thanks to the great reviews and recommendations on this forum, I have become a CU convert (3 CCs). I was wondering if anyone has received any CLIs from their CU accounts. If so, would you please share the following:
1. Length of time before CLI?
3. Hard/Soft Inq.?
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI?
5. Name of CU?
08-05-2009 06:35 PM
1. Length of time before CLI? 6.5 months
2. Automatic/Request? request
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? hard
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $10k / +15k
5. Name of CU? JFCU
08-05-2009 09:58 PM
1. Length of time before CLI? About 14 months.
2. Automatic/Request? Auto
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? Soft
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $10K/$8.2K - Accepted as a separate CC, had option of CLI.
5. Name of CU? PenFed
08-05-2009 10:05 PM
ocheosa & creditwherecreditisdue,
The more information being discussed about CUs supports the proposition that in this environment they represent a stable and progressive alternative to major banks. At a minimum, CU credit cards should be an integral part of your credit mix.
08-05-2009 11:10 PM
08-07-2009 11:08 AM
1. Length of time before CLI? I think about a year
2. Automatic/Request? Request, although they have automatic
3. Hard/Soft Inq.? soft, I made sure to ask first!
4. Initial CL/Amount of CLI? $4,500 or thereabouts - first increase to $6,000, second to $12,000
5. Name of CU? USAA
this was with their world mastercard
08-07-2009 11:59 AM
I don't know his specifics, but wmarat reported recently getting a $30,000 CLI - going from $20k to $50k on his PenFed.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.