Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CU Help Please !!!!!

tag
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

CU Help Please !!!!!

Please tell me which CU 'S can I join without being in the Navy or Military like Penfed so get crsdit cards

Thanks for everyone's input..........
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

Re: CU Help Please !!!!!

Thank You Much are those all eq pulls
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed, CCCU, Justice Fed. CU, NASA FCU, and Patelco have been recommended in the past. Also try your local CU.
Message 2 of 6
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

Thank You Much are those all eq pulls
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Penfed is EQ. CCCU and Patelco are both EX. I think Justice is EQ, but could be EX. I apped for NASA and seems like it was EX. However, they also check your Chexsystems report.

You may want to check whogavemecredit.com to be sure.
Message Edited by llecs on 02-07-2009 07:02 PM
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

NEEDCREDITADVISE wrote:

Please tell me which CU 'S can I join without being in the Navy or Military like Penfed so get crsdit cards

For Navy, it's any armed service (not just the Navy) plus various contractors, relatives, etc.

For PenFed, it's anyone, period, if you're willing to join (for one time only) the National Military Families Association. That will make you eligible for PenFed. They also recently extended eligibility to Red Cross employees and volunteers. Whoa, they also just extended to family members, roommates, domestic partners, etc.

PenFed New Eligibility Categories

Local credit unions are often open to anyone living in that county or greater metro area.

The rule of thumb on credit union eligibility: never, ever assume that you aren't eligible. Be sure to go to their site and click "About Us" or "Membership."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

You can also try Alliant, they are a good CU with a great savings/checking rates and decent CC limits.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.