Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela Visa Credit Card

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Cabela Visa Credit Card

For anyone that has a visa credit card from Cabela's I was just wondering on the following. What the line of credit that they had issued along with income as well? In other words if someone makes $ 30k per year what line of credit would they issue?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cabela Visa Credit Card

they are pretty easy bank and give out some very nice credit lines
Message 2 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I just apped and was approved for the Cabelas Visa.

Income stated: 36,000 yearly

EQ Fico: 648

CL: $500.00

I may be the exception with credit lines though. I seem to be stuck in " Low Limit Lingo". I have read many posts with scores similar to mine that were approved for 2k to 3k and regular cl increases.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

diz -

have you tried a cu?

Message 4 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yea, I am a member of my local credit union. I applied for a visa from them but they turned me down. I don't think they are BK friendly. They did say they would work with me on an auto loan with pretty decent rates, but I will probably never make auto payments again when I can pick up a used auto at the auction, fix it up and I'm good to go. It's worked good for me for quite some time now.

7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizbuster wrote:

I just apped and was approved for the Cabelas Visa.

Income stated: 36,000 yearly; EQ Fico: 648; CL: $500.00

I may be the exception with credit lines though. I seem to be stuck in " Low Limit Lingo". I have read many posts with scores similar to mine that were approved for 2k to 3k and regular cl increases.

You mean "low limit limbo," don't you?  Anyway, I think I'm in the same boat.  I have a higher income and a 677 Equifax FICO score but got just a $1000 CL upon being approved last October.  (Note: I also have a Ch7 BK, from 2005; I suspect that affected the limit, too.)  It could be that World's Foremost Bank (the Cabela's-owned issuer of this card) isn't as lenient with handing out credit lines as they were, say, a year and a half ago.  I also found out that a few months ago, they changed their CLI request policy from "1 every 4-5 months" to "1 every 12 months."  I'm just going to have to be patient with this and my 2 other cards as far as getting higher limits goes.

Message Edited by MarkRabo on 04-11-2009 02:51 PM
Message 6 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Yea "Limbo" that is what I meant to type. Smiley Happy

I think we just have to suck-it-up for now and prove to whoever gives us credit that we can be responsible and in time the CL's will come. I hope!

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diz -

Drop $500 or so into savings at your cu, then take out a secured loan against it.  Pay it off in 6 months.  This will improve your credit with the cu substantially.

Message 8 of 17
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I apped for a cabela's card 2 weeks ago because I go every couple months to get some gear for kayaking, and the discounts would be nice...  So, I apped online, got Declined with no reason "Haven't been declined for anything for almost 5 years.  Today, I get home from the airport, go down to get my mail from the doorman, see the letter from the bank expecting to see some silly reason why I was declined. I was wrong... not only was I not declined but there was a card in the envelope, and they gave me a 10k credit limit (which I found funny... I dont purchase that much there).  Im not sure about this bank... Ive never heard of them and there is no way in hell im gonna go and call them to ask why I was declined, but then got the card.  Anyway, good luck!  Im not sure how they make their decisions, but its definitely an odd way ive never seen.

Message Edited by Lyythine on 04-12-2009 09:29 PM
Message 9 of 17
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Lyythine, Congrates on the approval. That is weird but I have read other posts of the same thing happening to others. Declined instantly online and a few days later a card shows up in the mail. That's a good starting CL. Enjoy the rewards! Again congrates.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.