Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Lowering Limit(s)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cabela's Lowering Limit(s)

Mine was decreased from $700 to $500 a few days ago as well. No change on my credit reports.  So I'm transferring the $300 I had with them to another card. I'll just SD the Cabelas Visa.  

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Espresso wrote:

I pay for my monthly EQ Fico here at MyFico. I am sitting at 642 with 30K+ in cards, < 20% util. 

I got a $1500 Cabelas's WF Visa 4 months ago and have run 3-4K through it PIF.

Today I got a notice my limit was reduced to $500 becaue my EQ has dropped to 600 (?!).

I call in and they say yeah, we reduced it. Get it back up to 640 and we may raise it.

1. My EQ has not dropped.

2. Anyone else getting reductions from Cabela's WF?

This is interesting. I was approved a couple weeks ago for $1500 and my score dropped to 640 due to all the new inquiries. When Cabelas reported to the CB's a week later my score was 660 and they reported a limit of $1000. I was very disappointed but what can I do. I am just happy to be headed in the right direction. 

Message 12 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Heading in the right direction is good. Don't let any little hiccups that get in your way.stop that progress!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 20
missy42
Regular Contributor

My limit was dropped as well, nothing major happened score remains the same which is 639 EQ due to inquires for new 2013 Cadillac SRX I purchased in April.  I just think they must have a lot of charge offs so to the SD they go as I don't use them that much anyway.  Glad I was not planning on using that credit line, which went from $3000 to $2100.  Just PIF no more charging from Cabelas.

Filed Ch 13- 8/29/17
Message 14 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Call it superstition on my part or just some gut feeling but something about this card group never seemed to get off the ground or fit right for me. I was approved for a $3K limit but after 6 months and with publicity swirling around about a Cabela's takeover i went proactive and closed it out no worse for wear.

Glad i followed my instincts on this one too.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Call it superstition on my part or just some gut feeling but something about this card group never seemed to get off the ground or fit right for me. I was approved for a $3K limit but after 6 months and with publicity swirling around about a Cabela's takeover i went proactive and closed it out no worse for wear.

Glad i followed my instincts on this one too.

You and me both, CM7. We both closed our Cabela's cards a few months ago and your action was the catalyst for helping me to realize that I did not need this card. Mine was 4k and not a card that added anything to my profile. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Not me. Still showing $22k from 3 months ago when I purchased my rifle.

Message 17 of 20
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Mines still at $1000 and I got a balance of about $160 on mine currently.

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 18 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Not me. Still showing $22k from 3 months ago when I purchased my rifle.

More power to ya DrZoidberg Smiley Very Happy

Sporting a respectable enough profile as yours they better had offered you something more than their usual cookie crumbs

Message 19 of 20
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I've had my cabelas 4 months and still have a 4.5k limit.. Score dropped 20 pts one month then raised 27 the next Smiley Surprised, but their customer service is tough.. They once denied me for the card because they thought I was not me :/
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.