Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabela's Visa Approved

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Cabela's Visa Approved

Hi all.  I was shopping on-line  last week, and got the option to apply for this card at check-out, with a $15 bonus with first purchase.  I pulled the trigger, had to answer one security question, and then got the 7-10 day declined message.  I waited a couple of days and called up WFB, and was told I had been approved.  They pulled EQ, my scorewatch said it was 714 at the time.  Got the card today, CL of $3500.  I shop there regularly, so the 2% will be a nice perk.  I love the bargain cave, and I usually wait for free shipping offers and such.  Cabela's also has great customer service, already had to use the on-line chat feature.  Got my Cabela's stuff before I got the card,  which the stuff was already charged to.  Go figure. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cabela's Visa Approved

Way to go. I love Cabela's. I could be the spokesman for many of their products. I received the Cabela's Visa around this time last year and use it regularly. Mine only came with a $500 limit though. Spotty history. Congrates on the card.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 2 of 7
guydiver
Established Contributor

Thanks Dizbuster.  I'm a recovering bassproshopaholic.  Have a new Winchester to prove it.  Got a good deal on some reloading stuff.  Even though I'm rebuilding, this is my lowest limit now, except for the Sam's club store card that started at $400 a few years ago.  Not a bad starting point though, considering my yet to be deleted baddies that will fall off about this time next year hopefully.  It sure is a pretty card though. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 4 of 7
champ02
Established Member

Congrats on your approval! 

Just a bit of advise from my personal experience:  Cabelas WFB are very "skitish" about your Fico scores dropping and too much activity on your other revolving accounts.  They are quick to CLD if they see activity they don't like.  They seem to do soft pulls on my EQ report every month even though I never paid late and PIF every month. 

EQ  680

TU  720

EX  ???

Starting Score: TU 501 7/2006, EQ 475 7/2006, EX 499 7/2006
Current Score: TU 709 12/2011, EQ 677, EX ???
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 5 of 7
guydiver
Established Contributor

Well, seeing how I spend several thousand $ a year at their primary competitor, BassProShops, I would be happy to send them every receipt I get from BassProShops in the event they don't like something on my CR and cancel me, or CLD me.  I don't need the card, and could part with it in a second.  No Fear here....but thanks for the heads up.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  DH has Cabela's - love it.  One of my favorite things about them is you can pay more than once a day and you can pay more than your reporting balance.  This is my favorite card (after some trial and error) for paying bills.  I can put the bill on Cabela's and then pay Cabela's immediately  - even before the bill posts.  Makes my bill paying day SO much easier!  Occasionally, I'll be paying bills from two different accounts (USBank and our CU) so being able to pay from both of those accounts on the same day is a huge plus.  And we put those Cabela's bucks (or whatever they're called) to good use.

It seems, from older posts on these forums, that Cabela's CLI are always hard pulls and come after 12 months.  DH opened his account one year ago 4/09, so we're deciding if we should look at a CLI with them.  He started at $5,000 CL, and I think the highest I've seen here is $8,000.  He has 3 cards at $10,000 or more, so we'd like to get this one up to those limits if we can.

DH's EQ score has gone down from 804 to 760 (it's been a busy year - lots of new accounts, a new mortgage, and a new (used Smiley Wink ) auto loan.  And his utilization has gone, occasionally up to 30% on a single account, or occasionally up to 23% overall.  He hasn't had a CLD yet. 

Haven't seen a lot of recent posts on this card - I think it's great - again Congrats!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.