02/28/09 - updated Tri-Merge: EQ - 699, EX - 651, TU - 571
09/01/08 - starting scores (Tri-Merge Morgtage Enhanced):
EQ - 607, EX - 556, TU - 534

Message 31 of 50
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Cabela's Visa

@dizbuster wrote:

I know this is an old thread but it seems to be revived a little. Anyway, I just apped for the Cabela's Visa and got an instant approval! Don't know the CL yet but I ordered a 12v coffee maker on sale and got $15 off my order. Smiley Happy

Here's my stats for anyone interested:

Pulled EQ: 648

BK 7/04

3 collection accounts/2 unpaid (very small amounts) 2004, 2006, 2007

3 judgements/ all paid (medical) 2003, 2004, 2005

13 inqu.'s most around 4 months old

Overall util 14% on revolving (brought that down considerably recently)

I think that covers it. Hope this helps.

I really can't believe it was instant yes. I've wanted the Cabela's Visa for a long time now. I live in the great outdoors and have spent plenty of money there over the years, now I get rewarded for spending the money. I am really stoked about getting the card.

WOW!!  Maybe this is a card I should try!  I'm trying to build some other TLs in the event Amex in their weirdness CLDs me.  I have  $6000 on Blue and $4600 on Delta and a Green with them.

My only baddies are PR (paid tax lien -doesnt drop til 04-11) and CO (will drop 6-10).  Have Discover, Junipers and older Orchard (1999) acct, as well as some store cards & auto loan, all active and excellent pay history.

The Junipers were new in Oct and Dec, and I have new refi mtg reporting......1 in March and it's already sold so I'll be having another reporting as new for April. 

This may be too many "news", so may need to wait, since my scores took a bit of a hit when the first re-fi mtg reported as new/closed and the second one may cause a further hit, but sounds like I might have a chance with them even with the baddies!  Any opinions???

I'd sure love to hear some more success stories from people with report "issues"!

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-08-2009 10:14 AM
Message Edited by rom828 on 05-08-2009 10:15 AM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 32 of 50
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@dizbuster wrote:

I know this is an old thread but it seems to be revived a little. Anyway, I just apped for the Cabela's Visa and got an instant approval! Don't know the CL yet but I ordered a 12v coffee maker on sale and got $15 off my order. Smiley Happy

Here's my stats for anyone interested:

Pulled EQ: 648

BK 7/04

3 collection accounts/2 unpaid (very small amounts) 2004, 2006, 2007

3 judgements/ all paid (medical) 2003, 2004, 2005

13 inqu.'s most around 4 months old

Overall util 14% on revolving (brought that down considerably recently)

I think that covers it. Hope this helps.

I really can't believe it was instant yes. I've wanted the Cabela's Visa for a long time now. I live in the great outdoors and have spent plenty of money there over the years, now I get rewarded for spending the money. I am really stoked about getting the card.

WOW!!  Maybe this is a card I should try!  I'm trying to build some other TLs in the event Amex in their weirdness CLDs me.  I have  $6000 on Blue and $4600 on Delta and a Green with them.

My only baddies are PR (paid tax lien -doesnt drop til 04-11) and CO (will drop 6-10).  Have Discover, Junipers and older Orchard (1999) acct, as well as some store cards & auto loan, all active and excellent pay history.

The Junipers were new in Oct and Dec, and I have new refi mtg reporting......1 in March and it's already sold so I'll be having another reporting as new for April. 

This may be too many "news", so may need to wait, since my scores took a bit of a hit when the first re-fi mtg reported as new/closed and the second one may cause a further hit, but sounds like I might have a chance with them even with the baddies!  Any opinions???

I'd sure love to hear some more success stories from people with report "issues"!

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-08-2009 10:14 AM
Message Edited by rom828 on 05-08-2009 10:15 AM

Hey rom,

Your scores are definatly better than mine when I got the card. I have around 10 new accounts that are less than a year old so I don't think they cared about new accounts in my case. If going by my experiance then you should be good to go. I have read plenty of people getting good CL's with this card as well.

GL post back if you decide to do it.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 33 of 50
rom828
Established Contributor

Very encouraging, Diz!!  I'm going to really consider apping. 

My  concern (other than denials!) is how new apps will affect existing accounts, so while I do want some lines in place to at least equal my Amexes, I also dont want to freak out Amex or Discover or Juniper.   I've heard Juniper is one that's not real keen on new apps (after theirs) ad the Juniper cards are my 2 newest, and Amex is Amex so who knows with them?!?! 

I also had one other concern. I live in GA so we dont have a  Cabelas retail store in our state.  Do you think that would affect their decision??

I know I sound like such a 'Nervous Nellie"!  I did a lot of apping  in 2008 (discover, juniper, walmart, target, car loan) and then did the re-fi in march, but before that it had been 3+ years since I'd done any cc apps.....and the ones I'd done back them were catalogue cards (Chadwick, metrostyle), so I'm not really "into" apping.  Besides, my tolerance for rejection is quite low!Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 50
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

Very encouraging, Diz!!  I'm going to really consider apping. 

My  concern (other than denials!) is how new apps will affect existing accounts, so while I do want some lines in place to at least equal my Amexes, I also dont want to freak out Amex or Discover or Juniper.   I've heard Juniper is one that's not real keen on new apps (after theirs) ad the Juniper cards are my 2 newest, and Amex is Amex so who knows with them?!?! 

I also had one other concern. I live in GA so we dont have a  Cabelas retail store in our state.  Do you think that would affect their decision??

I know I sound like such a 'Nervous Nellie"!  I did a lot of apping  in 2008 (discover, juniper, walmart, target, car loan) and then did the re-fi in march, but before that it had been 3+ years since I'd done any cc apps.....and the ones I'd done back them were catalogue cards (Chadwick, metrostyle), so I'm not really "into" apping.  Besides, my tolerance for rejection is quite low!Smiley Very Happy

I'm in Washington State, I think they have a Cabelas in the Seattle area but I've never been to one. I just order online. My wife says I spend enough time fishing and camping, if they opened a store near me I would be single Smiley Happy

I guess it's your decision with regards to the Cabelas card but if it's something you want then I'd say go for it. You seem to have the scores for it.

I've thought about how new accounts would look to existing creditors but I havn't had any problems opening up new cards. Having said that I think I've opened up plenty in the last year and a half and had better cool it for awhile.

7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 35 of 50
rom828
Established Contributor

I'm in Washington State, I think they have a Cabelas in the Seattle area but I've never been to one. I just order online. My wife says I spend enough time fishing and camping, if they opened a store near me I would be single Smiley Happy

I guess it's your decision with regards to the Cabelas card but if it's something you want then I'd say go for it. You seem to have the scores for it.

I've thought about how new accounts would look to existing creditors but I havn't had any problems opening up new cards. Having said that I think I've opened up plenty in the last year and a half and had better cool it for awhile.

Thanks again, Diz!  Guess I just need to take a deep breath and go for it!!

Like you, DH loves to camp (I do too if it's at a Marriott!!) so this would be a great card to have even if it werent just to have added credit lines. 

And just as well if it requires on-line shopping......he practically "camps" at Home Depot as it is!!

I'll post back with results once I get up the nerve to go for it!!

Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a silly question but can you make online  purchases outside of Cabela? I assume so per the visa logo but i just want to make sure.

Message 37 of 50
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Sure you can. The interest rate on none Cabelas items is around 14 something percent. Cabelas items are around 9%. You get 1% back on none Cabelas purchases as a store credit and 3% back on Cabelas purchases as store credit.

Hope this answers your question.

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

It helps a lot. I need to get new tradelines and have been looking for a nice retail location that provides visa style cards which may also provide a nice starting CL. Cabela's looks like the one for me.

Since it is retail would there be a sufficient difference doing instore vs online in terms of how much of a CL they will provide. Nearest location is a few hundred miles. Might be a nice drive though..

Message 39 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

did you see Cabela's now has a Visa Signature black card!

Anyone got it yet or upgraded 

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.