Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabelas Visa CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabelas Visa CLI

I've had my card now for five months, and my limit is $1500. I put everything on my card, and pay it off each month. I never carry a balance, and wondering if people have much luck with a CLI after 5 months? Or what's Cabelas rule of thumb??
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Cabelas Visa CLI

Ive been told by everyone on the forums and Cabelas that it's 6 months for a CLI.
Message 2 of 22
tussking
Established Contributor

Same boat - Just spoke to credit today. You must wait the full 6 months before making the CLI request. GL !

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 3 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

So 1 more month and hopefully you're on to a bigger limit!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

From what I hear, Cabelas is a HP cli

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 22
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had my card now for five months, and my limit is $1500. I put everything on my card, and pay it off each month. I never carry a balance, and wondering if people have much luck with a CLI after 5 months? Or what's Cabelas rule of thumb??

Don't automatically request a CLI at 6 months. They can and will sometimes give auto love at 6 months.

Wait for the chance for that before you decide to use up a HP

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 7 of 22
bobbay
Established Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

From what I hear, Cabelas is a HP cli

Did a cli this week $8k--> $15k. Account is almost a year old got what I requested... It was a HP

$8k was the initial approval so no love.  I have used the card 3 times in the past year and was actually 1 day late on the payment because I didn't realize autopay was not set up and called in a PIF the day they charged the late fee to my account.  I explained to the rep what happened and did not ask the fee to be waived.  Scores during entire time were 695-730 entire period with 25-30% util.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep in mind that there have not been any recent reports on the board of auto CLI on Cabela's in the last 10-12 months. This used to happen much more frequently at the 6 + months mark a few years ago, accoding to myfico member reports, but no recent reports of it.

Auto CLI seems to be happening much less freuqently with them and they want you to do the HP CLI, it seems.

Message 9 of 22
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Keep in mind that there have not been any recent reports on the board of auto CLI on Cabela's in the last 10-12 months. This used to happen much more frequently at the 6 + months mark a few years ago, accoding to myfico member reports, but no recent reports of it.

Auto CLI seems to be happening much less freuqently with them and they want you to do the HP CLI, it seems.

I've had my account for well over a year and I've never received auto luv...and I won't take an HP on a card that I hardly use anyway.  If I never get auto luv them my limit will stay right where it's at...

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.