Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Best Buy MC... ugh

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Called Best Buy MC... ugh

I called to ask if these CLI going around were happening to all accounts or just certain accounts over a certain age, I quickly got read a script that they currently have a CLI freeze on accounts but accounts with be reviewed periodically and if you qualify you will get the increase you deserve... (Insert scream here!)

Then the best part, he says well since you are looking for more credit we have a great offer for you, it's called over limit protection... (Insert STOP, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard)

and that was the end of it, he didn't have anything else to say off script so we ended call.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: Called Best Buy MC... ugh

That is just gross.  And, since they've been trotting out that explanation for the last year or so, I would say the "jig is up my friend". Stow it for the next sucker.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
favre_2_free
New Contributor

I called yesterday, and got the same run around......I'm thinking I may just leave the Best Buy card sit, and close my HSBC $400 card. I've barely cleared enough rewards to pay for the AF.

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@favre_2_free wrote:

I called yesterday, and got the same run around......I'm thinking I may just leave the Best Buy card sit, and close my HSBC $400 card. I've barely cleared enough rewards to pay for the AF.

The only reason why I keep this account is because it does not have an annual fee!

Message 4 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

The Best Buy card MC is just another Orchard Bank card in a different outfit. It's great for building/rebuilding credit but it's terrible when you actually want to use the card and hope to grow with it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.