Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called credit one today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Called credit one today

I called yesterday and they refused to wave my AF, but was offered an APR reduce to 18.00, I declined I close the account  does not deserve the AF of $72.00.

Message 21 of 24
notpaul
Regular Contributor

You did the right thing. They are bottom feeders. I'm still closing mjne....just wanted to milk a few dollars from them first.
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Long time lurker, finally decided to join in the fun. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Credit One CS and though it was hard to understand them, I did commend them for the rather thorough sales job trying to get me to stay with them. I honestly appreciated them being my first unsecured card post-bankruptcy, but reading through posts here and the fact that Capital One just gave me a $1000 CLI and I was approved for the Barclays Reward MC, made keeping them totally unnecessary. This board has really helped me get my credit in order. In addition to closing the Credit One card, I also just closed the First Progress Secured card. They told me it would take 70 days to receive my deposit back until I said I already had my letter ready to send to them to expedite the process to 7 days...she gave me the fax number... Smiley Happy Happy to be here! Thanks everyone for the extremely informative posts!

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on my way to closing Credit One too, just got hit with the annual fee....I had fraud on it 2 months ago which spiked my Utlilization cause the card sat at $0 for so long....Now it caused a drop in my EQ due to that stupid annual fee hitting and reporting. They anger me cause they hadn't reported to EQ since august so now it looks like I suddenly used the card after it was dormant for so long.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.