cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling CC company after being declined?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Calling CC company after being declined?

I've read a couple post's of people getting declined for CC's then calling and getting approved..how does that work?! I'm new to this...I thought once you're declined, you're declined...you can talk them into approving?? lol 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Re: Calling CC company after being declined?

Check the backdoor thready sticky on top.....there are numbers that you can use for each company to have your decicion reconsiderd.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 2 of 8
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

Check the backdoor thready sticky on top.....there are numbers that you can use for each company to have your decicion reconside

Ohhh..thanks!!! 

Message 3 of 8
gpeach
Regular Contributor

You got dinged the points may as well make sure there is nothing to be done. Post some basic info about your reports and company that declined for better guidence from the board if people feel you should have been approved. 

I applied for a card yesterday and got the 10 day message. Called in and the approved me. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 8
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@gpeach wrote:

You got dinged the points may as well make sure there is nothing to be done. Post some basic info about your reports and company that declined for better guidence from the board if people feel you should have been approved. 

I applied for a card yesterday and got the 10 day message. Called in and the approved me. Good Luck!

I havent recently applied for anything..I was just curious Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

I've read a couple post's of people getting declined for CC's then calling and getting approved..how does that work?! I'm new to this...I thought once you're declined, you're declined...you can talk them into approving?? lol 

dont be fooled you obviously cant talk them into approving you if you have a mountain high full of baddies. people who are in primeland and apply and get denied do have a chance at successfull recon but dont waste your time if you have multiple lates and or baddies

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

It's whats called a "Recon" (Reconsideration). There is a thread at the top of the credit card forum called "Backdoor numbers", you call and asked to be reconsidered and a rep. maunually goes over your CR with you.

Not all creditors do recons. (AMEX, GE)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

dont be fooled you obviously cant talk them into approving you if you have a mountain high full of baddies. people who are in primeland and apply and get denied do have a chance at successfull recon but dont waste your time if you have multiple lates and or baddies

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.