Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Kay Jewelers? Be VERY careful!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling Kay Jewelers? Be VERY careful!

I called the number on the back of the card (1-800-877-3616) for account information (2 times in case I misdialed), and kept getting a referral message to call 10-15-15-8000. Surprise, a Google search says it's some ongoing international phone ripoff. What's interesting is that instead of them calling and leaving a message like they usually do, somehow they're intercepting phone calls to Kay. I wonder if anyone else has gotten one of these messages from another merchant.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Calling Kay Jewelers? Be VERY careful!

@Anonymous wrote:
I called the number on the back of the card (1-800-877-3616) for account information (2 times in case I misdialed), and kept getting a referral message to call 10-15-15-8000. Surprise, a Google search says it's some ongoing international phone ripoff. What's interesting is that instead of them calling and leaving a message like they usually do, somehow they're intercepting phone calls to Kay. I wonder if anyone else has gotten one of these messages from another merchant.

This happened to me on a number listed on a letter from Medco and also a phone number listed on a letter from HSBC on separate occassions. The number got routed to some phone bank in Nevada trying to push a 10-10- system, I don't remember what the last part was but I do remember it being a 10-10- system.

ADD: forgot to mention the punch line, I got a hold of them through other numbers I had for them and when I told them, they told us they will look into it but insisted that we misdialed which I found insulting but I KNOW I didn't misdial. They use VoIP and phone banks that are IP controled (such as Cisco phones) and they don't account that a network change or reconfiguration can easily re-route their lines. This is why most companies have or maintian a strong PBX server inside their own control to avoid this kind of thing.

Message Edited by Guardian on 03-08-2009 05:01 PM

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling Kay Jewelers? Be VERY careful!

That's why I dialed again and checked the screen to make sure my chubby little fingers hit the right buttons. This morning it seems to be working fine, though. I'm just curious if any other merchant numbers have had this happen. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.