cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all Alliant credit union members who have a checking/savings acct & a credit card with them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling all Alliant credit union members who have a checking/savings acct & a credit card with them

I'm trying to verify with anyone that has both an Alliant checking/savings account and a credit card if their entire credit card limit can be cash advanced/transferred into your checking account the exact same way RBFCU, Unify, PenFed, and NFCU (only half not 100% of your total limit I was told with NFCU) allow you to do. 

Like with RBFCU (see below) there is a drop down menu (may be different with other credit unions) where you can choose the cash advance option and the full $15,000 limit I can transfer/withdrawal directly into my RBFCU checking or savings account as cold hard cash. 

RBFCU triple.jpg

I'm looking for any and all credit unions nationwide that have this unique and amazing option especially for real estate investors like myself.

Please share on here any credit unions that have this credit card feature besides the four credit unions above that I listed and I'll keep managing this thread long term for everyone.

Carpe Diem

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling all Alliant credit union members who have a checking/savings acct & a credit card wi

Why in the world would you want to take a cash advance for your entire credit line?  Not only are you going to get whacked with cash advance interest charges but just because they offer your entire line as a cash advance option does not mean that they want to see you do that.  Good chance of getting accounts closed by doing so.

Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling all Alliant credit union members who have a checking/savings acct & a credit card wi

Irish I've done this for years for investing and it's paid back in 1-3 months and no credit union has ever had a problem with it.

This is NOT like going to an ATM and taking out cash. That I would never do and is a big red flag to lenders.
Message 3 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to verify with anyone that has both an Alliant checking/savings account and a credit card if their entire credit card limit can be cash advanced/transferred into your checking account the exact same way RBFCU, Unify, PenFed, and NFCU (only half not 100% of your total limit I was told with NFCU) allow you to do. 

Like with RBFCU (see below) there is a drop down menu (may be different with other credit unions) where you can choose the cash advance option and the full $15,000 limit I can transfer/withdrawal directly into my RBFCU checking or savings account as cold hard cash. 

RBFCU triple.jpg

I'm looking for any and all credit unions nationwide that have this unique and amazing option especially for real estate investors like myself.

Please share on here any credit unions that have this credit card feature besides the four credit unions above that I listed and I'll keep managing this thread long term for everyone.

Carpe Diem

No, Alliant doesn't have that.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SJ. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Irish I've done this for years for investing and it's paid back in 1-3 months and no credit union has ever had a problem with it.

This is NOT like going to an ATM and taking out cash. That I would never do and is a big red flag to lenders.

Ok then.  If it's worked for you then that's good.  How do you make the money back to be able to pay it off in 1-3 months or you just using other funds to do that?

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why in the world would you want to take a cash advance for your entire credit line?  Not only are you going to get whacked with cash advance interest charges but just because they offer your entire line as a cash advance option does not mean that they want to see you do that.  Good chance of getting accounts closed by doing so.

+1000

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's called investing. Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 22
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's called investing. Smiley Very Happy

+10000

Message 9 of 22
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Yes, Alliant lets me Cash Advance directly into my Savings (I don't have checking with them).  I still Cash Advance with my PenFed Promise though since that's 0% cash advance fee whereas my Alliant card is 2% fee.

Cash Advance.png

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.