cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all CAPITAL ONE Credit Steps People !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calling all CAPITAL ONE Credit Steps People !!!

Awesome !! I have to work on getting my UTIL down overall. Once I pay my other cards down I think I'll hit the mid 600s. Hoping by Fall! What a pain in the rump credit is! I'm hoping to hit a $5000 CL by Jan. 1
Message 21 of 38
jay0
Established Member

I maxed my QS out almost while in credit steps. Initial cl was $750, got an email from them saying that I'm almost at my limit, by the time I logged in to my account I was very surprised to see that my credit limit was now $6,750! And this was also before the 6 month mark.
Message 22 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I started with a $300 CL on my QS back in January. Hit the luv button after 5th statement cut, got a $500 increase. Tried hitting luv button again 2.5 weeks later, got 2-3 day message and was declined. Then a few days later after paying my card down to zero, I got an auto CLI for another $500 bringing me to $1,300. My steps increase is still scheduled for sometime within the next 2 billing statements.

I used it fairly regularly and always made more than the minimum payment. Sometimes even multiple payments in one month. Balances reported varied. Didn't pay too much attention to that at the time because I didn't care too much about credit (this was before myfico).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are great. Giving me hope !!! This $500 limit is crazy !! What were your scores when he CLIs hit if you don't mind me asking ??
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got approved for 3000 cl quicksilver one, then got cli on 5th month (2000 cli), then also got 500 credit steps cli. my credit scores were around 650 - 670 back then.

Message 25 of 38
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

A lot of people don't like Cap One but they've been nothing but great to me.  If you use their cards often & pay often/on time, they're probably the most generous of all the cc companies with people with less than perfect credit.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 26 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hmm good question. My scores were in the 660-680 range when I got the first increase. When I got the second increase last week, they were 680-700 (still are), so around 20+ points higher across the board.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got QS1 and platinum, both $300 in March. Last week, just before the 4 month mark, I requested a CLI and was given 500$ on each card bringing my total CL to $800. Still expecting my credit steps increase in the next couple months.
Message 28 of 38
jay0
Established Member

@joeyzoom416

My scores where in the low 600's at the time, I also had two other cards with them that I didn't touch, and tried and failed to get cli's on them afterwards, seems they like to see the card getting heavy use. Also, I always PIF that card
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You guys are great. Giving me hope !!! This $500 limit is crazy !! What were your scores when he CLIs hit if you don't mind me asking ??

My scores back then were between 640-660 and I had 2 collections and multiple late pays showing at that time.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.