Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all Crown Jewelers cardholders!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Calling all Crown Jewelers cardholders!

I got approved for this card today for the standard $2500. Now what am I supposed to do with it to increase my score?

Thanks!!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Calling all Crown Jewelers cardholders!

Unfortunately, nothing. It is my understanding they no longer report to any of the CRAs.

ETA...I don't think they ever reported to EQ.

Here's a letter saying they stopped reporting to EX:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

Here's a thread talking about its removal from TU:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

Message Edited by llecs on 10-06-2009 05:22 PM
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

CJ is useless

K-

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read all the posts....got it. 

Easy come, easy go. 

Thanks.

Missy 

Message Edited by ER_Tech on 10-06-2009 05:34 PM
Message 4 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You can always use it to buy something without imperiling your score - if there's something they have that you really want!
Message 5 of 10
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

I just received my instant approval with Crown Jewelers for $ 2500.00 but, I've been reading other forums and alot of people are saying that CJ is not being reported to the CRA. Does anyone know if this is true ? I figure, if it is true it is pointless for me to use this card if it's not being reported as a new TL. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on this. Thanks very much.
Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightOwl wrote:
I just received my instant approval with Crown Jewelers for $ 2500.00 but, I've been reading other forums and alot of people are saying that CJ is not being reported to the CRA. Does anyone know if this is true ? I figure, if it is true it is pointless for me to use this card if it's not being reported as a new TL. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on this. Thanks very much.

True.

Message 7 of 10
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help. I guess there is no need for me to use this card if it's not being reported. I'm glad I found out about this before I spent any money. Thanks again !!
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightOwl wrote:
Thanks for your help. I guess there is no need for me to use this card if it's not being reported. I'm glad I found out about this before I spent any money. Thanks again !!

It caught many by surprise. It was actually one of those CCs that you had to buy something first before getting it reported.
Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The problem is that CJ was as much in the business of selling TL/CL's as jewelry. The CJ card was determined by each of the CRA's, in turn, to be a sham credit product, CJ reported to the CRA's, but the CRA's stopped including the card in your CBR.

I wonder if the CBR's would include a CJ account if it was CO?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.