Established Member
ER_Tech

Calling all Crown Jewelers cardholders!

I got approved for this card today for the standard $2500. Now what am I supposed to do with it to increase my score?

Thanks!!!!!!!! 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Calling all Crown Jewelers cardholders!

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, nothing. It is my understanding they no longer report to any of the CRAs.

ETA...I don't think they ever reported to EQ.

Here's a letter saying they stopped reporting to EX:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

Here's a thread talking about its removal from TU:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

Message Edited by llecs on 10-06-2009 05:22 PM
Regular Contributor
krisosa

CJ is useless

K-

Equifax 657
Experian 711 (Per Lender)
Established Member
ER_Tech

[ Edited ]

Read all the posts....got it. 

Easy come, easy go. 

Thanks.

Missy 

Message Edited by ER_Tech on 10-06-2009 05:34 PM
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

You can always use it to buy something without imperiling your score - if there's something they have that you really want!
Regular Contributor
MidnightOwl

I just received my instant approval with Crown Jewelers for $ 2500.00 but, I've been reading other forums and alot of people are saying that CJ is not being reported to the CRA. Does anyone know if this is true ? I figure, if it is true it is pointless for me to use this card if it's not being reported as a new TL. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on this. Thanks very much.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

MidnightOwl wrote:
I just received my instant approval with Crown Jewelers for $ 2500.00 but, I've been reading other forums and alot of people are saying that CJ is not being reported to the CRA. Does anyone know if this is true ? I figure, if it is true it is pointless for me to use this card if it's not being reported as a new TL. I would appreciate any feedback you may have on this. Thanks very much.

True.

Regular Contributor
MidnightOwl

Thanks for your help. I guess there is no need for me to use this card if it's not being reported. I'm glad I found out about this before I spent any money. Thanks again !!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

MidnightOwl wrote:
Thanks for your help. I guess there is no need for me to use this card if it's not being reported. I'm glad I found out about this before I spent any money. Thanks again !!

It caught many by surprise. It was actually one of those CCs that you had to buy something first before getting it reported.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

The problem is that CJ was as much in the business of selling TL/CL's as jewelry. The CJ card was determined by each of the CRA's, in turn, to be a sham credit product, CJ reported to the CRA's, but the CRA's stopped including the card in your CBR.

I wonder if the CBR's would include a CJ account if it was CO?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}