Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all New Englanders.....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Calling all New Englanders.....

Hi I have a question for our New England peeps...any of you know of the bank (credit union) Harbor One? I have a car loan with them and I believe I had to pay a fee to "join" - this was over a year ago. Looking at the website they have a OK cc with rewards...anyone have it and is it worth it? I like the idea of building a relationship with a credit union for loans I may need in the future and adding a CU CC would be nice for my portfolio. Looking for the spring to apply - once I have gardened and let some new accounts age a bit. Any info as to what they look for score wise and if they are generous with CL for the CC.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Calling all New Englanders.....

Harbor One's CC appears to be underwritten by Elan, a subsidiary of US Bank.

This may or may not be what you had in mind.

If it was me, I would find a CU that operates its own CC program.  Have you looked at Hanscom FCU in MA?

Message 2 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

Harbor One's CC appears to be underwritten by Elan, a subsidiary of US Bank.

This may or may not be what you had in mind.

If it was me, I would find a CU that operates its own CC program.  Have you looked at Hanscom FCU in MA?

No I have not BUT will look into Hanscom....Thanks for the info this is most helpful, I did not know that about their CC....

Message 3 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

DCU is another choice in New England, and they have local branches scattered around.

Message 4 of 7
cyclesport45
Established Member

+1 for Digital Credit Union.  They have a decent number of branches, and their own CC's.  I switched all my banking to DCU, and am happy with the Visa I have with them.

Chase Freedom(5.3K), Citi Double Cash (8.8K). Citi Thank You Preferred(10.2K) DCU Platinum Rewards(10K), REI Visa(9.6K) Amex Blue Sky(5K), Amex Blue Cash Preferred (20K), Crate & Barrel (3.5K) Discover IT(16.5K) CSP (28K)
Message 5 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

thanks I see DCU commercials all the time, do I have to get a savings or checking with them first or can I go straight to CC??

Message 6 of 7
user5387
Valued Contributor

DCU is a CU, and that means you need to become a member, typically by depositing an amount like $5 or $25 in a share (savings) account.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.