Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Amex Overnight A New Card?

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Can Amex Overnight A New Card?

Just got appoved for a BCE card and I'm traveling in a week and it would be nice to have it. Anybody ever gotten one expedited to them?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Re: Can Amex Overnight A New Card?

It wouldn't hurt to ask. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 2 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

They usually overnight the higher end charge cards but not the revolvers.  The think my BCP took around two weeks to come.  Give them a call and explain the situation and they may help you out.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for the Platinum and my email said 2-3 days!

Message 4 of 13
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Other lenders provide this service.  I bet if you call, AMEX can expidite the process ... for a fee Smiley Happy

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 5 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

My platinum was overnighted free of charge since I had to travel. AMEX is really good at expedited requests. Give them a call.

Message 6 of 13
bribro
Valued Contributor

+1 for giving them a call. I had Citi overnight me a Dividend card with an EMV chip in order to use it for a trip to Europe, and they were happy to oblige. Just articulate why you need it so quickly.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 13
dnice77
Regular Contributor

mine Plat did too, but it came next day and Saturday delivery !

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Any time I've needed a replacement card for some reason or another, they've sent it UPS overnight without even having to ask. However, all new approvals have been sent via US Postal Service. When I was approved for BCP in December I asked if there was any way to get the card faster and they said no.  I didn't push the matter any, so your reality may vary.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine should be in my mailbox at home right now, fingers crossed!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.