Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Amex cards be PC'd before 1 year.

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Can Amex cards be PC'd before 1 year.

I would like to know if Gold card can be converted to BCE before the annual fees come in. I want to chase sign up bonuses so I'm not sure if I should get BCE or Gold Card for sign-up bonuses although ultimately BCE will be my permanet card. I'm also not sure if 25,000 sign up points from Gold Card or $100 from BCE is worth more in gift cards?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Amex cards be PC'd before 1 year.

@Subexistence wrote:

I would like to know if Gold card can be converted to BCE before the annual fees come in. I want to chase sign up bonuses so I'm not sure if I should get BCE or Gold Card for sign-up bonuses although ultimately BCE will be my permanet card. I'm also not sure if 25,000 sign up points from Gold Card or $100 from BCE is worth more in gift cards?

Charge cards can't be converted to credit cards like the BCE/BCP, they are completely different products. You can for example convert a BCE to BCP but not to different product family.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 7
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

Charge cards can't be converted to credit cards like the BCE/BCP, they are completely different products. You can for example convert a BCE to BCP but not to different product family.

Hold on Gold Card Premier Rewards is a charge card?

History of my credit
Message 3 of 7
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

Yep, the Gold, Gold Premier Rewards and Platinum are all charge cards and can't be PC'd outside of the charge family.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 4 of 7
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

Yep, the Gold, Gold Premier Rewards and Platinum are all charge cards and can't be PC'd outside of the charge family.

Looks like I'm going straight to blue cash. Thanks

History of my credit
Message 5 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

Looks like I'm going straight to blue cash. Thanks

Given that you didn't know PRG was a charge card, I suggest you spend a little bit researching the BCE before applying.  Things like not working well at many targets and Walmarts.   Then if you get it, other stuff such as rewards delayed one month, $25 increments etc.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or do what I did.. get the BCE and the PRG lol!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.