Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Recommend a Credit Card ?

tag
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Can Anyone Recommend a Credit Card ?

When I checked my TransUnion FICO score on Dec. 9th, it was 602. I only have 2 negative collections on my credit report; both paid. One of them will be deleted from my credit report within the next week or so. Obviously, I won't apply for anything until that item is deleted. I have 3 revolving tradelines that have low utilization and are paid on time. Does anyone know of a credit card that checks transunion only? I still have some work to do on Equifax and Experian. Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Recommend a Credit Card ?

National City pulls TU but I don't know what there FICO score range.  You might check www.whogavemecredit.com
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Whats your AAoA and the age of your current cards?

Barclays seems like a good choice right now. Either their Priceline or seamiles cards. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.creditcards.com/

Knowing who pulls from who?  Beats me.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw this post/forum a while back, but just recently I came across a site (www.creditlibrary.org) after seeing it, I remembered this post. From what their saying and looks like - it's a new site but the concept (I think) is good. The main part of the site is a form type thing where anyone can put information about "approvals and denials"  they also have a search feature though I didn't try that out.

I did try it out/submitted the details for my new card from "Simmons First" (a pretty good card) and as soon as I submitted the info, it was posted on the site. Anyways, thought it could help someone looking to apply to a lender that approves their credit type.

They also have a collection agency section similar to the lender one, but I didn't look into that one much.

Only negative (in my opinion) there isn't much posted yet (I did read somewhere on the site "it's a brand new site") but I think something like that is a nifty idea and will do well.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 7
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your research and suggestions. I'm going to check this out now! :-)

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Amleigh wrote:

When I checked my TransUnion FICO score on Dec. 9th, it was 602. I only have 2 negative collections on my credit report; both paid. One of them will be deleted from my credit report within the next week or so. Obviously, I won't apply for anything until that item is deleted. I have 3 revolving tradelines that have low utilization and are paid on time. Does anyone know of a credit card that checks transunion only? I still have some work to do on Equifax and Experian. Thanks in advance for all suggestions!

When does your 2nd collection drop off??  (just an FYI...hehe...you can't have positive collections)  Who is the CA?

You also mention that you have 3 revolving TL's.  My guess is these are rebuilder cards??  With your best score being a 602, the best you'll get is another builder card with yearly fees & high int rates.

I'd clean up my reports before trying for another card.

JMO.....Mo

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.