Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CA blocklist you from Amex

tag
Angko
Regular Contributor

Can CA blocklist you from Amex

I've heard from my officemate that CA can blocklist you from Amex. Is this true?

Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex

@Angko wrote:

I've heard from my officemate that CA can blocklist you from Amex. Is this true?

I'm not understanding your question............

CA as in Collection Agency??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 20
Angko
Regular Contributor

Yes. My officemate just got a call from a collection agency about something she owed from Amex, and the deal she got is, either she pays the amount in full or negotiate a stagerred monthly payment but she will be blocklisted from Amex. I was telling her that CA cannot blocklist her from Amex. I may be wrong.

Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Angko wrote:

Yes. My officemate just got a call from a collection agency about something she owed from Amex, and the deal she got is, either she pays the amount in full or negotiate a stagerred monthly payment but she will be blocklisted from Amex. I was telling her that CA cannot blocklist her from Amex. I may be wrong.

The CA cannot blacklist her, but AMEX surely will if she has a charged off non-paid account. 

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Ok I think this is what they mean. I may be wrong.

Amex does blacklist people who burn them. Because your colleague just burned them, chances are she already is blacklisted. Amex has since sold the debt to a CA, and this CA is trying to recoup that money. MAYBE they are offering to take her off the blacklist if she pays the debt back, but I'm not entirely sure whether that's possible because it really depends on the agreement Amex and that CA has.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 20
ElCamino
Contributor

@Angko wrote:

If she owes Amex money and the CA is attempting to collect it on behalf of Amex, then Amex itself can blacklist her if she doesn't pay them back.

If the money owed is not owed to Amex, then it will be up to Amex whether or not it will approve any accounts she decides to apply for or whether or not to give her current accounts a FR.

Edit: Wow, that got responded to faster than I thought! Smiley Very Happy

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 6 of 20
Angko
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for your input. My officemate has read all of your comments and is really thankful. She has decided to join the forum and will become a member in a few hours. Well, told her to pay the CA first before joining the forum. LOL.

Message 7 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Before she pays the CA, check out the rebuilding section. Maybe she can try to mend some bridges while she's at it.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 20
Angko
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Before she pays the CA, check out the rebuilding section. Maybe she can try to mend some bridges while she's at it.

Thanks enharu. I copied your comment and sent it to her. Does paying the full amount removes her from being blocklisted? I think she just needs to call Amex for that.

Message 9 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO she is already blackslisted with AMEX and the CA is using that to their advantage to make her "think" she isn't blacklisted right now to get the money for the debt.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.