cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CA blocklist you from Amex

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


Angko wrote:

enharu wrote:
Before she pays the CA, check out the rebuilding section. Maybe she can try to mend some bridges while she's at it.

Thanks enharu. I copied your comment and sent it to her. Does paying the full amount removes her from being blocklisted? I think she just needs to call Amex for that.


If she is already blacklisted, it's a bit of a crapshoot if paying the CA will actually cause Amex to take her off the list. The amount is one big factor. Also note, IF they end up taking her off the list, it will still be years before they approve her for anything.



|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 11 of 20
Super Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex

Basically I agree with LS said. I have a feeling that CA is trying to hint that they can take her off Amex blacklist, but my guess is that she's already blacklisted and will continue to be until Amex takes it off in their own. But if that CA is an internal department within Amex, or if they have some form of agreement with Amex, then maybe they can get her off the blacklist.

I wouldn't really count on it though. Even if she isn't blacklisted, chances of her getting another Amex within the next 3 years are slim to none
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex

Would that be 3 years from the date of first delinquency? Anyways, she said she don't have any plans of applying for another Amex anymore.



Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 13 of 20
Super Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


Angko wrote:

Would that be 3 years from the date of first delinquency? Anyways, she said she don't have any plans of applying for another Amex anymore.


No real true way of telling when Amex will let her back in 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


Angko wrote:

Would that be 3 years from the date of first delinquency? Anyways, she said she don't have any plans of applying for another Amex anymore.


Three years is probably being generous, IMO. (Depending on the amount, but even then). And with Amex, it would probably be from the time you PIF. Amex may never let her back in either way. Just forgetting about Amex would be for the best right now. There are people that burned Amex 20 years ago and still can't get their cards.



|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 15 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


b_seeker wrote:

Angko wrote:

Would that be 3 years from the date of first delinquency? Anyways, she said she don't have any plans of applying for another Amex anymore.


Three years is probably being generous, IMO. (Depending on the amount, but even then). And with Amex, it would probably be from the time you PIF. Amex may never let her back in either way. Just forgetting about Amex would be for the best right now. There are people that burned Amex 20 years ago and still can't get their cards.


Wow, 2 decades is a loooong time!!! I didn't know Amex is so strict!!!



Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 16 of 20
Super Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex

A lot of the prime lenders, chase and citi included, are about as strict when it comes to this. Generally it is a very bad idea to burn them unless you absolutely have no other choice.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 20
Valued Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


Angko wrote:

Thanks all for your input. My officemate has read all of your comments and is really thankful. She has decided to join the forum and will become a member in a few hours. Well, told her to pay the CA first before joining the forum. LOL.


Chances are that Amex has assigned her debt to the Collection Agency. The CA is collecting on Amex's behalf. If she makes arrangements with the CA tell her to ask them to be on the Oasis Program.

Message 18 of 20
Regular Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


sjt wrote:

Angko wrote:

Thanks all for your input. My officemate has read all of your comments and is really thankful. She has decided to join the forum and will become a member in a few hours. Well, told her to pay the CA first before joining the forum. LOL.


Chances are that Amex has assigned her debt to the Collection Agency. The CA is collecting on Amex's behalf. If she makes arrangements with the CA tell her to ask them to be on the Oasis Program.


Thanks SJT. My officemate talked to Amex already and I think Amex gave her a good payment plan. I really don't know the details but she was happy. Thanks. Smiley Happy



Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 19 of 20
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Can CA blocklist you from Amex


Angko wrote:

sjt wrote:

Angko wrote:

Thanks all for your input. My officemate has read all of your comments and is really thankful. She has decided to join the forum and will become a member in a few hours. Well, told her to pay the CA first before joining the forum. LOL.


Chances are that Amex has assigned her debt to the Collection Agency. The CA is collecting on Amex's behalf. If she makes arrangements with the CA tell her to ask them to be on the Oasis Program.


Thanks SJT. My officemate talked to Amex already and I think Amex gave her a good payment plan. I really don't know the details but she was happy. Thanks. Smiley Happy


Good to hear!

Message 20 of 20