Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CC credit limit effect auto loan?

tag
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Can CC credit limit effect auto loan?

The reason I asked is because I remember years ago when I tried to buy a truck, the finance manger told me that I was denied because I don't have enough credit limit.....because my CC only had a 500 limit.....

In hindsight from what I've learned over the years, I think I was denied because I never had an auto loan before.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Can CC credit limit effect auto loan?

Absolutely.  If a card issuer is only willing to extend a $500 limit that doesn't look favorable.  If you have high utilization because your limits are low that isn't favorable either.

Message 2 of 5
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Imho if it gets equated to your fico score it would affect any loan or credit you're trying to obtain Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Auto lenders typically go with straight (auto-enhanced) FICO scores. These will look at your utilization but not your actual limits.

Auto loans are the easiest credit to get. I got one at a semi-reasonable rate with a 625.

Message 4 of 5
roastbeans
New Contributor

I dont believe your CC limit has anything to do with the auto loan.I bought a car last year and I only had Capital One with 500 limit on it at the time.He never asked me about my CC nor did he care.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.