Reason58

Re: Can CL be too high?

Great information, everyone. Thank you.

A followup question. I am thinking about purchasing a house later this year. If I were to open up two new cards, roughly how long would it take for my score to recover from this? Are we talking a couple months or a couple years?

Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

[ Edited ]

Buying a house changes everything. What are your scores now? If high enough you might want to wait until AFTER you buy to apply for any new credit.  If your scores aren't high enough and you want the new credit to raise your scores then generally you should apply at least 6 months before trying to qualify to buy.

And maybe only apply for 1 new card until after you buy.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 06-05-2009 12:24 PM
Reason58

The last time I looked, which was 6 months ago or so, my scores were right around 740-760.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

I would sit tight.
Reason58

Good enough, thank you!:robotvery-happy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}