Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CapOne be "forced" to report?

tag
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Can CapOne be "forced" to report?

I opened a CapOne QuicksilverOne on 8/1 to help build my credit as I had no open lines. My first statement cut on 8/16. I have yet to hear that the account is being reported to any of the CRA's. For reasons I won't go into, I really need this to start reporting ASAP. I've already called them twice. First time they said "30-90 days". Second time they said that they report within 2-3 days of the statement, and that it was really odd that it wasn't reporting yet, and that it was not their fault that the CRA's haven't updated their records. Um, no. I got notification of the CapOne inq the VERY NEXT DAY. Is there a way to push the issue?

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can CapOne be "forced" to report?

I wish! I've read here that they usually report with the second statement. Mine is tomorrow so I'll see. Smiley Frustrated I dont think you can force them to report sooner but maybe someone else here has information about that

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't force them to report sooner. They don't even have to report. They will obviously but it's not a law or anything. 

Message 3 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't force them to report sooner. They don't even have to report. They will obviously but it's not a law or anything. 

Exactly. When they report.  Think of it correctly. You open account August 1. You told you pre statement 16 days later. So how would they report before you had account 30 days?   3 rd of September now. That's why they report 2 nod statement. Full month under your belt. No you can force them to do anyghing. It's their money. Not yours. You are just borrower. Keep things in proper perspective.  It's not like it's your right to demand anything. 

Message 4 of 14
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Wow, it's not always very friendly around here, is it? If the answer is no, then it's no. There's no reason to try to make me feel like a jerk for asking a question. Obviously I know that I can't FORCE them to do anything, which is why the word force was in quotations. My perspective is fine, but thanks for the condescension. Smiley Frustrated

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took them like two months before they started reporting my accounts. It was actually like two weeks ago when they reported and both of my cards were opened in June. They will definitely report, it just sometimes takes longer than we'd like.
Message 6 of 14
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I'm waiting my QS arrival. When they start reporting, I presume they back date to the beginning? (may be dumb question, but my two other cards report promptly). Or do they start with June/July, and report 2 months late perpetually?
Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes... it will state the correct opening time and up to date information!
Message 8 of 14
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

My QS1 cc and my secured cc reported promptly. It could be because I paid the AF as soon as it posted but I am not sure.

As others have said it will post, it may take about 2 statements. Congrats on your new card.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were approved for the QS1 with the annual fee, make sure to ask them to waive the fee as a courtesy once you activate the card.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.