cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Citicard payments still be made in a branch?

tag
Dawn
Established Contributor

Can Citicard payments still be made in a branch?

DS has not been able to access his Citicard online account for at least a year.  He would set it up, be able to access it a few times, then the next time he would be unable to access it.  He was never clear about what was going on, but he would have to set it up again, repeatedly.  The last payment (a year or so ago) was a cash payment in a branch since he couldn't access his account online and it appears that there is a $14.95 phone payment charge.  (Yikes!!! ... how common is this?)

Although he had stopped using the card, an automated charge for XboxLive showed up and he now has a statement for that.  It is due June 13, 2010.  I suppose we will find out soon enough, but is Citi still taking credit card payments in the branches?  I have read elsewhere on the internet that they are not.  If not, I suppose he is going to have to pay for an express mail fee to mail a payment in or make a $14.95 phone payment.  :-(

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can Citicard payments still be made in a branch?

@Dawn wrote:

DS has not been able to access his Citicard online account for at least a year.  He would set it up, be able to access it a few times, then the next time he would be unable to access it.  He was never clear about what was going on, but he would have to set it up again, repeatedly.  The last payment (a year or so ago) was a cash payment in a branch since he couldn't access his account online and it appears that there is a $14.95 phone payment charge.  (Yikes!!! ... how common is this?) LOL That sounds about right. They are not the only ones who charge to do this.

Although he had stopped using the card, an automated charge for XboxLive showed up and he now has a statement for that.  It is due June 13, 2010.  I suppose we will find out soon enough, but is Citi still taking credit card payments in the branches?  I have read elsewhere on the internet that they are not.  If not, I suppose he is going to have to pay for an express mail fee to mail a payment in or make a $14.95 phone payment.  :-(   He could open a checking account that has online bill pay and "push" the payment to Citi.

ETA: I didn't answer your original question whether payments can be made in a local Citi branch.

I don't know.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Dawn
Established Contributor

It would certainly simplify matters if he had a checking account, but he didn't handle the last one responsibly.  Even if someone would let him have one ... I'm certainly more comfortable with his not having access to one.  He just can't handle a debit card properly.

I wouldn't mind pushing a payment from my online account, for him, but I'm not sure if they would do that since the names won't match up.

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Dawn wrote:

It would certainly simplify matters if he had a checking account, but he didn't handle the last one responsibly. Even if someone would let him have one ... I'm certainly more comfortable with his not having access to one.  He just can't handle a debit card properly.  Do we have the same son???? Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't mind pushing a payment from my online account, for him, but I'm not sure if they would do that since the names won't match up. IME they don't care what account it comes from. They just want their money. I've done that lots of times.

Message 4 of 5
Dawn
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:
  Do we have the same son???? Smiley Tongue

You too???   At least 2 out of my 3 kiddos show signs of hope.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.