cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

I influenced my dad to get this and it appears to him that it....just sux. Now that the card has already been mailed, is there a way to PC it instead of activating it? Is there any Amex revolver that offers better rewards than clear?

EDIT: Every reply in this thread will be considered an act of charity, LOL

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better

This is it folks..I probably need to say my butt goodbye Smiley Sad

My dad spends around $5k on personal effects. I tried to lure him towards the platinum, but hes of the view that "anything thats too complicated to understand is a scam" (LOL). He doesnt shop at Costco, and also doesnt like to put his personal charges on his business card.

As soon as my dad reviewed the rewards on Clear, he said that there was something fishy about it beacuse of the fact that they send out "Debit card" instead of statement credit or a check even.

I just seriously hope that Amex PC's his Clear to Blue or else something bad is going to happen to me, LOL

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

My dad spends around $5k on personal effects. I tried to lure him towards the platinum, but hes of the view that "anything thats too complicated to understand is a scam" (LOL). He doesnt shop at Costco, and also doesnt like to put his personal charges on his business card.

As soon as my dad reviewed the rewards on Clear, he said that there was something fishy about it beacuse of the fact that they send out "Debit card" instead of statement credit or a check even.

I just seriously hope that Amex PC's his Clear to Blue or else something bad is going to happen to me, LOL

Someone spending 5k a month should be using Blue!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Someone spending 5k a month should be using Blue!

Thats what he said. He said he had over 30 years of US credit card system etc, ontheotherhand, I (being my second year overall in US) thought that I had better understanding of credit cards and stuff, screwed-up real bad. I dont know what was going through my mind..

Message 5 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Nothing fishy about it at all, it is what it is 1 to1 rewards as PP.

If another card suits him better, try for PC when eligible, in the meantime no harm, no foul.

I kinda don't get why try to convince someone to get a card if not knowledgeable about it. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

Nothing fishy about it at all, it is what it is 1 to1 rewards as PP.

If another card suits him better, try for PC when eligible, in the meantime no harm, no foul.

I kinda don't get why try to convince someone to get a card if not knowledgeable about it. 

Well, I kinda saw everybody talking about it (no?) and that it was hard to get, so I thought that it might be a better product or something.

[my hands are trembling as I write, LOL]

Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's a good card and he will see rewards quickly, but he would probably be closer to 2% rewards on blue with 5k monthly spending.  But it's not like he is most likely getting better than 1to1 on another card besides amex, so he my as well use the amex for a year if they don't let him PC, go just go back and apply for blue and move all the CL from clear over to blue... think you can still do this but not 100% sure, they took the option away online.

if he wants cash, Blue Cash is what he should get

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I just realized that Blue and Blue cash are seperate products, LOL. I suck at this..

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I just realized that Blue and Blue cash are seperate products, LOL. I suck at this..

Got to learn somehow! I did it by a lot of trial and mostly Error in the past!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.