Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

[ Edited ]

I influenced my dad to get this and it appears to him that it....just sux. Now that the card has already been mailed, is there a way to PC it instead of activating it? Is there any Amex revolver that offers better rewards than clear?

 

EDIT: Every reply in this thread will be considered an act of charity, LOL

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,559
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

[ Edited ]

 


Creditaddict wrote:

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better


This is it folks..I probably need to say my butt goodbye Smiley Sad

 

 

My dad spends around $5k on personal effects. I tried to lure him towards the platinum, but hes of the view that "anything thats too complicated to understand is a scam" (LOL). He doesnt shop at Costco, and also doesnt like to put his personal charges on his business card.

 

As soon as my dad reviewed the rewards on Clear, he said that there was something fishy about it beacuse of the fact that they send out "Debit card" instead of statement credit or a check even.

 

I just seriously hope that Amex PC's his Clear to Blue or else something bad is going to happen to me, LOL

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,559
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?


ifinet wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better


This is it folks..I probably need to say my butt goodbye Smiley Sad

 

 

My dad spends around $5k on personal effects. I tried to lure him towards the platinum, but hes of the view that "anything thats too complicated to understand is a scam" (LOL). He doesnt shop at Costco, and also doesnt like to put his personal charges on his business card.

 

As soon as my dad reviewed the rewards on Clear, he said that there was something fishy about it beacuse of the fact that they send out "Debit card" instead of statement credit or a check even.

 

I just seriously hope that Amex PC's his Clear to Blue or else something bad is going to happen to me, LOL


Someone spending 5k a month should be using Blue!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

 


Creditaddict wrote:

ifinet wrote:

 


Creditaddict wrote:

I think Amex is now saying you have to have the account for 12 months before they PC, but it never hurts to call and ask, if it's available it will generate a list for the rep of what cards they can offer you.

The Clear isn't awful, it's a straight 1to1 reward and when you hit 2500 they send you a check or something like that... but if you were going to put considerable money through the account, blue or costco would be better


This is it folks..I probably need to say my butt goodbye Smiley Sad

 

 

My dad spends around $5k on personal effects. I tried to lure him towards the platinum, but hes of the view that "anything thats too complicated to understand is a scam" (LOL). He doesnt shop at Costco, and also doesnt like to put his personal charges on his business card.

 

As soon as my dad reviewed the rewards on Clear, he said that there was something fishy about it beacuse of the fact that they send out "Debit card" instead of statement credit or a check even.

 

I just seriously hope that Amex PC's his Clear to Blue or else something bad is going to happen to me, LOL


Someone spending 5k a month should be using Blue!


Thats what he said. He said he had over 30 years of US credit card system etc, ontheotherhand, I (being my second year overall in US) thought that I had better understanding of credit cards and stuff, screwed-up real bad. I dont know what was going through my mind..

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,701
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

[ Edited ]

Nothing fishy about it at all, it is what it is 1 to1 rewards as PP.

If another card suits him better, try for PC when eligible, in the meantime no harm, no foul.

I kinda don't get why try to convince someone to get a card if not knowledgeable about it. 

 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

 


score_building wrote:

Nothing fishy about it at all, it is what it is 1 to1 rewards as PP.

If another card suits him better, try for PC when eligible, in the meantime no harm, no foul.

I kinda don't get why try to convince someone to get a card if not knowledgeable about it. 

 


 

Well, I kinda saw everybody talking about it (no?) and that it was hard to get, so I thought that it might be a better product or something.

 

[my hands are trembling as I write, LOL]

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,559
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

It's a good card and he will see rewards quickly, but he would probably be closer to 2% rewards on blue with 5k monthly spending.  But it's not like he is most likely getting better than 1to1 on another card besides amex, so he my as well use the amex for a year if they don't let him PC, go just go back and apply for blue and move all the CL from clear over to blue... think you can still do this but not 100% sure, they took the option away online.

if he wants cash, Blue Cash is what he should get

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Established Contributor
Posts: 536
Registered: ‎03-17-2010
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?

Wow, I just realized that Blue and Blue cash are seperate products, LOL. I suck at this..

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,559
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Can Clear be PC'd to some better product?


ifinet wrote:

Wow, I just realized that Blue and Blue cash are seperate products, LOL. I suck at this..


Got to learn somehow! I did it by a lot of trial and mostly Error in the past!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.