cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I PC B of A cash rewards to Ak Air ?

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Can I PC B of A cash rewards to Ak Air ?

So Bof A unsecured my Cash Rewards card after 9 months and gave me a CLI.  I really would like the AK Air Visa ESP now that it has a 30k signup bonus. Can I ask for a PC or should I just apply for a second card?   Remembering I have a BK from Nov 2012.  

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Can I PC B of A cash rewards to Ak Air ?

@morgacj2004 wrote:

So Bof A unsecured my Cash Rewards card after 9 months and gave me a CLI.  I really would like the AK Air Visa ESP now that it has a 30k signup bonus. Can I ask for a PC or should I just apply for a second card?   Remembering I have a BK from Nov 2012.  

As far as I know the only way to get the sign-up bonus is to actually app for a new account (at least with most issuers).  An exception to this would be if you are targeted for an account upgrade (i.e. Amex) and a bonus is part of the upgrade offer.

It never hurts to ask (the worst they can do is say 'no', right?) but I remember a little while ago a forum member tried to get a BoA card PC'd to Alaska Air and was told it couldn't be done.  That being said, things are always changing and it might be worth a shot if that's what you want.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 4
ddemari
Super Contributor

Boa has been known to hard pull your credit when you ask for a pc and usually people are pcing core cards like bbr and 123 cash etc. with chase you can't take a United card and make
It a freedom and I don't think you can do the vice versa with them. So if your ex and tu are pretty similar, you should just apply for the card.
Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've also heard just doing an app is the route to go, if you're willing to use the HP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.