Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I PC between FIA cards?

tag
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

Can I PC between FIA cards?

I currently have a Bank of America card that has an annual fee that I really don't use or want, but it's one of my older accounts dating back to 2007, so I am reluctant to close it. At the same time I am interested in applying for a Fidelity Amex Rewards card. Both cards are managed by FIA card services, so I was wondering if I could just PC my BoA card to the Fidelity card (I have an account with Fidelity) by calling FIA. Would you say that's something that could happen, and any advice you have for me I'd appreciate.

If I can't do it I'll just close by BoA card before I get hit with the annual fee (an outrageous $59) next month and just apply for the Fidelity card, but the huge benefit of PCing would be that I would not lose the age of my BoA card and I would not gain a brand new account that will bring down my AAoA, and also I would not take an inquiry, so switching would be amazing. Do you know of anyone who has done it? How do I go about it, who do I call?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Can I PC between FIA cards?

I doubt it since it is co-branded but you should call them and let us know.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 3
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I PC between FIA cards?

You'd probably have better luck  going to the 1-2-3 Cash Rewards or something...

Let us know what happens!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.