Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I app for Chase United MPE?

tag
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Can I app for Chase United MPE?

I KNOW!........I'M SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE GARDEN! I KNOW!

But, I may be purchasing a ticket through United soon and could appreciate the $50 statement credit and 30k bonus miles.

I apped for a Chase Sapphire Preferred in July '12 and was approved, then Chase Ink Bold in November '12 and was approved.

Approved for Citi AAdvantage Jan '13 and BoA Alaska Airlines sign Jan '13.

How does Chase view inquiries and how long one must wait before app'ing for another chase card? I've seen 2-3 months min usually on these forums. I guess it depends on who they pull. I have 9 inquiries EX in last year including 2 for mortgage refinance that I didn't go through with, and the two for the january cards I was approved for. Not sure about # of inquiries on other CA's.

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
nickn86
Contributor

Re: Can I app for Chase United MPE?

Create a United FF account if you don't have one.  Get fresh miles in it (bcktgr.com is the easiest way--just link a social networking profile (real or fake) to it and get 200 United miles for each linkage), then search for a flight on United.com.  Your offer will now be 50,000 miles + the statement credit.  Also, 5,000 more for adding an authorized user (you can just make one up if you have to.  They don't ask for any info besides name and then they mail the card to your address).

I think Chase is more concerned with recent applications for THEIR cards than recent inquiries generally.  In general, they don't like it if you apply for more than 2 of their cards within a month or two.  I think it's been long enough that you'll be fine.  Probably a good chance you won't get instant approval, but Chase is really good with recons.

You might also want to consider transferring the UR points you've earned from Ink and Sapphire to United. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 2 of 7
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I have a United MP account with miles in it, and after logging into my account I can see the 50k offer!

Also I signed up with bckstgr.com and linked the social media sites!

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 3 of 7
Elcid89
Contributor

Chase is (IMO very) inquiry sensitive. How many current inquiries (past 6 months) do you have?

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 4 of 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i just got this card about two weeks ago i got approved for $5k visa signature about 5 days later i apped for CSP and approved as well. i had about 5-6 INQs

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 7
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

Chase is (IMO very) inquiry sensitive. How many current inquiries (past 6 months) do you have?

I think 5: Chase Ink (November '12), Mortgage Inquiries x2 (Dec '12), BoA AS (Jan '13), Citi AA (Jan '13).

Message 6 of 7
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

i just got this card about two weeks ago i got approved for $5k visa signature about 5 days later i apped for CSP and approved as well. i had about 5-6 INQs

Good to know. That gives me some perspective.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.