Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I app for an CCs?

tag
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Can I app for an CCs?

Ok. I need some credit right now. Only need a little bit which I'll pay back in a month or two. But theres a couple of bills I need to pay right away. So I was wondering if I can app for any CC. Below is my current profile;

FP - 4 months old. CL - 200/Bal - 0.00

Orchard Secured - 3 months old.CL - 200/Bal - 0.00

Spiegel - 2 months old. CL - 250/Bal - 0.00

BOA AUa/c. - 10 months old. CL - 16000/Bal - 2400

Chase - 4.5 yrs old. Paid/sold to Asset/CO/ Bal - 0

Citi - 4.2 yrs old. Paid current/ Paid as agreed./Bal - 0 / Closed /1-30 &1-60 lates(last two months before closing)

Asset Acceptance - Collecting on the above Chase card. Opened in Jan this year. Will take some time to resolve this one. Tripled the bal to 1870.00

----------------------------------------------------------

The above is TU. There is an additional collection on EQ and EX other than all of above. Its a BOA checking that went bad.

FBCS - BOA checking collection a/c. Opened 10/2008. Updated in 2/2009. Bal - 822. Am fighting this one too and would be a while. Its incorrect balance.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Scores

EQ - 611 / TU - 653

There would be a score drop as the BOA AU Bal has gone up from1500 to 2400 (UTL has since changed from 92% to 86%)  Just waiting for EQ to update and have an idea from past pulls that TU would now be around 625.

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 05-16-2009 06:55 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I app for an CCs?

I don't see you attracting much new credit in way of CL's.  When you say need a "little" what amount are speaking of?  You have a little available, so I am assuming this is "too little?"
Message 2 of 11
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Well I actually need around $500 more give and take. More give than take really. 
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will have difficulty with your only "good" accounts being so new and maxing out those cards plus a new one (IF you could get it) is going to kill your score.

Do you have anything you could sell? Friends/family you can borrow from? Get an advance from work? Any other alternative?

Message 4 of 11
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you will have difficulty with your only "good" accounts being so new and maxing out those cards plus a new one (IF you could get it) is going to kill your score.

Hmm...I am repairing my credit right now and don't really care about my scores. They are not maxed out. You would understand from my credit profile that its not too bad and I can pick it back up. I am concentrating completely in obtaining PFDs for those two baddies. My scores will eventually come. I will take one hit now with some lender.

Do you have anything you could sell? Friends/family you can borrow from? Get an advance from work? Any other alternative?

Nope! I am only a grad student with a part time job. Unfortunately no other options. Ive got my car and my laptop and lotsa books and thats that! Are you interested in any particular books? Ive got a wide collection :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by nothingman02 on 05-16-2009 07:32 PM
Message 5 of 11
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I do know that its a very thin and a weak profile and that a real chance for an approval would be if I develop my payment history for around 2 more years or if I get those baddies deleted. But Im not too aware about CCCs (who are all out there?) and their current lending policies and hence thought id ask here.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm...I am repairing my credit right now and don't really care about my scores. They are not maxed out. You would understand from my credit profile that its not too bad and I can pick it back up. I am concentrating completely in obtaining PFDs for those two baddies. My scores will eventually come. I will take one hit now with some lender.

Nope! I am only a grad student with a part time job. Unfortunately no other options. Ive got my car and my laptop and lotsa books and thats that! Are you interesting in any particular books? Ive got a wide collection Smiley Happy

Ha.  Actually that was one of the things I did whilst I was in school as well as working.  Selling my books to the people in the semester behind me.  If I kept them I was just going to have to move them with me every time I went somewhere else and I really didn't need them any longer.  Some schools have a program where the book store will buy them back from you too.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@nothingman02 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nope! I am only a grad student with a part time job. Unfortunately no other options. Ive got my car and my laptop and lotsa books and thats that! Are you interesting in any particular books? Ive got a wide collection Smiley Happy

Ha.  Actually that was one of the things I did whilst I was in school as well as working.  Selling my books to the people in the semester behind me.  If I kept them I was just going to have to move them with me every time I went somewhere else and I really didn't need them any longer.  Some schools have a program where the book store will buy them back from you too.

Yes, our school has a program like that, even if they don't pay too much.

I have already bought used books from students on amazon marketplace. That works nicely, although probably not this month, right at the end of the semester.

Message 8 of 11
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I did sell some books back in UG but mostly never bought any books! That should explain my excellent undergrad grades...lol...But now I really do need them all beyond school as well. Its all related to computers and the books are all really associated with a specific field and are all fundamental.I really appreciate your help though. I understand heres trying to figure out a way out of nothing! l was wondering if theres any lender at all out there for my profile but seems like theres none. Guess I will have to step it up with those CAs now..

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

I did sell some books back in UG but mostly never bought any books! That should explain my excellent undergrad grades...lol...But now I really do need them all beyond school as well. Its all related to computers and the books are all really associated with a specific field and are all fundamental.I really appreciate your help though. I understand heres trying to figure out a way out of nothing! l was wondering if theres any lender at all out there for my profile but seems like theres none. Guess I will have to step it up with those CAs now..

Yeah mine were undergrad books and computing too - the last semester were really the only ones I kept any of.

No student loans available to you? Or are you maxed out on those already? Have you seen a school financial counsellor about hardship loans or grants?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.