Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I appeal my Amex denial?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Can I appeal my Amex denial?

I just received the denial letter from AMEX and the reason why they are denial my application is not accurate.

* Account(s) 90+ days past due in the last two years.

I disagree with them on this. My account was last past due on November, 2006 and I haven't been late since that.

I just called the customer line and they want me to send a copy of my full credit report showing that the information is in accurate.  I just had a big arguement with them  on why do I need to send a new copy when I'm asking them to have someone look at the credit report they obtain since they denial letter came from an automated system.

Have you guys deal with this in the past and what would you suggest I should do?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I appeal my Amex denial?

2 years 3 1/2 years not much difference in their eyes. You call to recon likely they put you on hold for 5 minutes with another rejection and another hard pull or two for your troubles. I would not bother but feel free. What are your true EQ and TU scores from here and your utilization?

Message 2 of 4
8benji
Valued Member

I would not bother appealing. I dont think that would be very fruitful. Wait it out, continue doing all the right things and apply again after the passage of time.

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

2 years 3 1/2 years not much difference in their eyes. You call to recon likely they put you on hold for 5 minutes with another rejection and another hard pull or two for your troubles. I would not bother but feel free. What are your true EQ and TU scores from here and your utilization?

My scores are in the high 600s. I wanted this card to take advantage of the TrueBlue points reward. My mom was approved for the same card and she added me as an authorized user. I will be the primary user of her card.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.