Regular Contributor
TilltedBrim

Can I attempt to coin a term?

App Mapping:  The process of avoiding inquiries from the same CRA while applying for new credit.  "Planning your route by mapping yourself around the same CRA in which you just received a HP for"  This may be accomplished by doing your homework to find out the most likely CRA that will pull paticualar CC applications.  Techincally a mini app spree could be accomplished simply by apping for three different cards that are all pulling one of the three CRA's.  This may decrease the chances of a denial because of the number of inquiries on ones report.  App Mapping

Please don't crucify me over my definition... I understand that I could be slaughtered with the wrong verbiage and simply put a horrible attempt at defining the term.  Just thought it was a clever new term for an age old practice.  

If there is a board or committe that I can put this before then I would like to submit an entry  :smileyhappy:

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Frequent Contributor
scarrollprint

Re: Can I attempt to coin a term?

I don't like the word Mapping in this instance, but I like your ingenuity for infamity.

Mapping just seems too 'concrete' for something that isn't. 99% of the time isn't the same as 100%.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Established Contributor
gettnthere

I like it:smileywink: lol. Has a ring to it

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
New Contributor
mrcrush20

i like it as well

"i can see it now did you remember to AM ?"

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

TilltedBrim wrote:

App Mapping:  The process of avoiding inquiries from the same CRA while applying for new credit.  "Planning your route by mapping yourself around the same CRA in which you just received a HP for"  This may be accomplished by doing your homework to find out the most likely CRA that will pull paticualar CC applications.  Techincally a mini app spree could be accomplished simply by apping for three different cards that are all pulling one of the three CRA's.  This may decrease the chances of a denial because of the number of inquiries on ones report.  App Mapping

Please don't crucify me over my definition... I understand that I could be slaughtered with the wrong verbiage and simply put a horrible attempt at defining the term.  Just thought it was a clever new term for an age old practice.  

If there is a board or committe that I can put this before then I would like to submit an entry  :smileyhappy:

I think it is not intuitive and confusing. 

webhopper

I do not like it. It took me a while to figure out why. I think its because mapping implies that the app is already there, similar to geographic features on a map.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+