cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be approved for a DCU membership & credit card w/610 FICO?

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Can I be approved for a DCU membership & credit card w/610 FICO?

Thanks for this great site.  This is my first post.  I filed Ch. 7 in 8/2013, discharged 11/2013.  My Equifax FICO score is 610.  I want to get a secured credit card but per the advice on here, want to get membership approval first.  I have seen comments on here that say you might need a 650 for membership, and elsehere that high 500's is okay.  Has anybody gotten a membership (not a secured or unsecured card) with a credit score below 650?  I have one secured card ($1200 Open Sky) and have just opened a second credit builder fixed for the mix.  All old accounts show iib.

The reason I am confused about the relatively high score of 650 comments for membership is that numerous articles (Money, CNN) say that DCU is one of the best places for getting a secured card after BR.  Not many people have a 650 very soon after BR .... Thanks again!

OP,

I started a new thread for better exposure.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mike11208
New Contributor

Re: Can I be approved for a DCU membership & credit card w/610 FICO?

I would like to know the same. so a bump for the OP.

Message 2 of 5
dursty87
Established Contributor

I was approved for membership with a 597? Fico. I didn't get approved for any of their products at the time so I haven't done anything with the account. I had some baddies just not a bk so I don't know how that could affect membership. Good luck.
Message 3 of 5
virgo
Established Contributor

DCU requires a 640 Equifax. They use the Beacon scoring model.

I  don't know how they look at badies but I do know they don't want to see alot of new accounts no matter what your score is. Hope this helps

Message 4 of 5
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

This is good to know. I did not know you needed a good score to open a checking account. I do want an account with DCU. I am waiting into June of next year.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.