cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be denied later if I was approved instantly online?

tag
NOLOGINPLEASE

Can I be denied later if I was approved instantly online?

Hey Everyone, I have been watching this board for awhile and I love all of the information. Its awesome to find a group that tries to help others in this dog eat dog world. It has been a real help on what I need to do to get to the 800's. I pulled the trigger last night on a cap plat card and was completely denied...I went ahead and tried my luck on the citi forward and was approved for 6000 initial credit limit (completely ligit app)(good apr, even a immediate line of credit). I was approved without any real instructions except a listing of my new account information. I haven't received any emails (like others on the board--fax income, w2's, employment etc) yet , although I did apply on the weekend ( maybe weekend approvals different?). I'm just curious if its possible to get approved on the citi site and then when the welcome kit comes either get denied or have my intial cl pushed way down. I mean is the online instant approval almost in stone? Has anyone heard of a person getting approved online only to find in two weeks when the card shows up the cc made a mistake. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Instant Approval but later denied

Welcome to the forums, NOLOGINPLEASE!

IMO, I think you're good to go.  Stop worrying, and congratulations on the approval!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

If CITI says you're approved, you're approved. They're not one of the "snatch-back" lenders! They're pretty quick getting new cards mailed too; you should have it within a week or so.

Message 3 of 10
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Congrats, Citi is really good with their automated system. Check your email you should have got a welcome message from citi cards with your credit line or wait until Monday to get one. I  applied couple of weeks ago and i went through the same process. You will be fine. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
jefftca925
Established Contributor

+1   You're good to go.  They rely heavily on their application system and it it says approved...you're approved.  They're not very quick on sending you an e-mail verification as I just got an AA Amex card from them and I got the snail mail letter first.  Go figure Smiley Very Happy

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 5 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

oh my gosh citi is inundating us with emails!  it seems like we get everything in duplicate.

Message 6 of 10
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I got the AA Amex card last month and received an instant approval on-line, and the received a confirmation approval email the next day. CITI is very efficient in my opinion. I received the actual card within a week.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the title of your thread Mod cut!  Especially since, as I was reading your post, I realized I just did almost the same thing on Thursday.  Denied for Cap 1 Plat for some odd reason, approved for Citi Div World MC for $6k.  I didn't realize you were asking a question of whether Citi would still deny you as opposed to making a statement that they did just that.

I got an email from Citi a couple days later that gave me the last four of the acct # and confirmed approval and CL.  I did think it was odd for that email to take so long, but never thought too much of it.  If it is bothering you, simply call Citi and confirm the new account.

This is a reminder to be friendly and supportive when posting in the forums. Thank you for your contributions and cooperation!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 8 of 10
NOLOGINPLEASE

Re:Can I be denied later if I was approved instantly online?

You're right! My title was horrible. Sorry, I'm new to forums..Thanks everyone for the quick response!

Message 9 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Re:Can I be denied later if I was approved instantly online?

@NOLOGINPLEASE wrote:

You're right! My title was horrible. Sorry, I'm new to forums..Thanks everyone for the quick response!

You have the option of changing the title any time you want. Just click on the blue "Options" button and then go to "Edit Reply".

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.